audi brakes = fail

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
Cliffs: got in a lil fender bender today...

had the fuckin Audi for < a month...

i wasgoing down 159th street in orland, not paying attention, messing with the girlfriend, when the car in front of me slams on his brakes, well, my reaction time was almost nothing, that fucking stratus stoped on a dime. Audi... didnt... there is over 20 feet of skid marks, solid, so my Antilock either isnt there, or didnt work.

Front bumper MIGHT need to be replaced, but i highly doubt it. all damage appears to be cosmetic, but well find out once that bumper is off...

AND the kicker: i got a ticket for Failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. that = moving violation. im on supervision, so if that doesnt get thrown out, i get my lisence suspended again.

The FIRST thing i said when i got the car, i might have even said it on here, that the brakes suck and i wanted to put on bigger ones... well, now thats a sure thing. and soon. any body know anybody who can hook me up with some nice rotors and pads? big brake KIT prefered.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
That sucks man. Its 3 moving violations (convictions) in a year for a suspended license.

example:

ticket in May - sentence 4 hour traffic school
ticket in june - sentence 8 hour traffic school

If you get another ticket in say July and get convicted the two supervisions turn into convictions and you can get a suspended license. This is what would most likey happen without a lawyer. get one.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Cliffs: got in a lil fender bender today...

had the fuckin Audi for < a month...

i wasgoing down 159th street in orland, not paying attention, messing with the girlfriend, when the car in front of me slams on his brakes, well, my reaction time was almost nothing, that fucking stratus stoped on a dime. Audi... didnt... there is over 20 feet of skid marks, solid, so my Antilock either isnt there, or didnt work.

Front bumper MIGHT need to be replaced, but i highly doubt it. all damage appears to be cosmetic, but well find out once that bumper is off...

AND the kicker: i got a ticket for Failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. that = moving violation. im on supervision, so if that doesnt get thrown out, i get my lisence suspended again.

The FIRST thing i said when i got the car, i might have even said it on here, that the brakes suck and i wanted to put on bigger ones... well, now thats a sure thing. and soon. any body know anybody who can hook me up with some nice rotors and pads? big brake KIT prefered.

Glad to hear you are OK as thats #1

#2 if you slid for 20 feet with no ABS, I would:
A) contact a lawyer before contacting audi about ABS failure
B) How crappy are your tires???

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Glad to hear you and the GF are ok, accidents suck.

the ticket sucks though. i would have pointed out the 20 feet of skid marks and say "as you can see i was trying"

Wont work. BUT you can get it thrown out IF he doesnt show up to court. Hell he may not even know he needs to show up for YOUR ticket. Happened to me. :)

IIRC you are 19? if so, this applies to you.

"Full Licensing Phase - Drivers 18-20

No age-related restrictions apply except in cases where a driver fails to move from the Initial Licensing Phase to the Full Licensing Phase. Cell phone use while driving for persons under age 19 is prohibited except in the case of an emergency to contact a law enforcement agency, health care provider or emergency services agency.

Sanctions

Limit one court supervision for serious offenses.
Two moving violation convictions occurring within a 24-month period results in a minimum one-month driver's license suspension. Suspension length is determined by the seriousness of the offenses and the driver's prior driving history. An additional driver's license suspension will result for each subsequent moving violation following the initial suspension.
Suspended drivers are required to pay a $70 reinstatement fee. "

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
first off, that sucks!! sorry to hear about that :(

secondly, sounds like the brakes did their job if theres 20 feet of black rubber. a brake upgrade definitely wouldnt hurt, but id get the abs checked out if you didnt think it engaged, and id maybe look at some new tires if those are gettin kinda old.

usually any car i get the first thing i do is upgrade the brakes, tho i havent done that w/ the gto yet...ive been busy buying other things... haha.

good luck man

Slider

Regular
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
Agreed, get the ABS checked out it's obviously not working right. Best upgrade you can do is a simple brake fluid flush along with some new pads, I went with http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance/hps.php for street and some autox. Better tires would be a good upgrade if they are locking up. It doesn't matter how big the brakes are if you don't have good traction you'll just lock them up anyways.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
well, should be better used to the audi before following that close or messing with the gf less. if your abs is truly at fault than figure that out asap...

big brake kit will have an extremely minimal affect your stopping distance. properly inflated sticky tires is what will do the job.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
ouch, that sucks.

the ticket sucks though. i would have pointed out the 20 feet of skid marks and say "as you can see i was trying"

here is a nice brake upgrade for ya
http://oempl.us/index.php?main_page...id=447&zenid=51d79ef58261cc35d21524c67c379886

do it.

did but cop was seriously a dousche about the whole thing. a complaint was already filed.

Glad to hear you are OK as thats #1

#2 if you slid for 20 feet with no ABS, I would:
A) contact a lawyer before contacting audi about ABS failure
B) How crappy are your tires???

tires are brand new 2 weeks ago

Pirrelis

Glad to hear you and the GF are ok, accidents suck.

Wont work. BUT you can get it thrown out IF he doesnt show up to court. Hell he may not even know he needs to show up for YOUR ticket. Happened to me. :)

IIRC you are 19? if so, this applies to you.

"Full Licensing Phase - Drivers 18-20

No age-related restrictions apply except in cases where a driver fails to move from the Initial Licensing Phase to the Full Licensing Phase. Cell phone use while driving for persons under age 19 is prohibited except in the case of an emergency to contact a law enforcement agency, health care provider or emergency services agency.

Sanctions

Limit one court supervision for serious offenses.
Two moving violation convictions occurring within a 24-month period results in a minimum one-month driver's license suspension. Suspension length is determined by the seriousness of the offenses and the driver's prior driving history. An additional driver's license suspension will result for each subsequent moving violation following the initial suspension.
Suspended drivers are required to pay a $70 reinstatement fee. "

i have already had my lisence suspended, thats why im on supervision, i had to motion a ticket back to court and get traffic school instead of a conviction. all in all cost me about 500 bucks to get it back, i cant afford that again.

if you remove the word "brakes" from your title, you will summarize your thread a little better

its still nicer than a rustang

atleast your okay... are you sure that the car has abs?

yes

ABS will be looked into and a lawyer will be called soon.

thanks for all the help guys!

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
Did the fuse blow? I'd check that first. Also, is the ABS light on? If there was a malfunction i would hope that the light came on.
But most def get that checked, not having ABS is a bitch (not to rub it in), especially if you are not very good at threshold braking.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info