M button = Getting pulled over

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
So, I went for a long cruise in the M tonight with one of my buddies. We went over to Strats, just seemed to be a bunch of kids there so we left. On the way back I was getting on it, about 1/2 - 3/4 throttle, short shifting around 4-5 k rpms cause I'm still breaking her in. Well everytime I would shift quickly into second the car would "bounce" a little bit. As though I was pumping the gas peddle. I thought maybe it was the traction control which I had on, so as we pull up to a stop light, I turn the "M" button on. This turns power mode on, turns the steering to servotronic plus, EDC setting to Sport Plus and the Traction to M Dynamic Mode. M Dynamic mode is in between traction on and off, lets you spin them to a certain extent and get sideways pretty good before it does anything. So at the light I get on it pretty good off the line, chirp the tires a bit, shift into second at about 4500rpms and it chirps them again and takes off perfectly. The car felt great, we both felt that this thing will be a beast when I can actually floor it and take it to 8400rpm. As I look in my rear view mirror I see Glen Ellen's finest on my ass pulling me over. When he came to the window I admitted doing wrong and told him exactly what I was doing. Explained I only had 500 miles on the car, was still figuring out all the gadges and what not. I also have tints and no front plates, but in the end he just gave me a ticket for "squeeling" my tires. Boy, I can't wait to see what this thing really can do!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info