So if your car gets stuck...

LeddZepp8687

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Warrenville, IL
On a trail, kinda in the woods with the front end in the mud but the rear tires are up on level land, but there is too much earth underneath the center of the car to make it out and you have spent all day trying to get unstuck with 3 trucks and a winch and none of those things worked...What would you do?

And comed was gonna pull you out but didnt wanna get stuck, AAA said no way....

Where are there some tow compaines that can pull your stupid ass out?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
No offense, but I don't see a stock Ford Escape as a real off-road worthy vehicle. I think you pushed the car over the limit. I hope you are on legal land when this happened, or else there might be some tickets if police were involved. I say just call up a Big tow company I'm sure they got some heavy duty truck that can get it out. Some places got big as trucks to pull big rigs out of the ditches, but im not sure kinda surroundings you are in and what trucks can get back there to pull you out. This will probably cost you some decent coin. Fuck AAA, they would take 4 hours to get there anyway. Did you try to get some shovels and dig the car out?

Good luck man, I hope anything doesn't get damaged.

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
haha u got stuck?

um have a few people push while a truck is pulling?

TWO trucks were pulling and only spinning their tires. Can't get in the front, too much mud / slime.

His right front wheel was so deep in mud, you couldn't see the top of it. By the time we were done with it (an f250, an f150, and my explorer), we pulled it out enough to see the tire. Still can't see the rim yet.

LeddZepp8687

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Warrenville, IL
Yea its in there. Yea its in the Escape, No its not an offroad vehicle, but its mildly capable. I agree with panda, I pushed it to its limits and it bit back.

I talked with one of my old neighbors who drive tow trucks and we are gonna see what we can do with it tommorrow. Ill throw some pic up tommorrow night if I can. Im trying not to stress it really, I'll get it out. At one point today I had standing water in my passenger foot well :fuckyea:

When I get the stupid thing out I'll be able to look back at it and laugh.

If I cant get it out with a tow truck where would one go about hiring a bulldozer? :bigthumb:

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
God damn son! My friend way back in the day got his s-10 stuck in a muddy ass corn field. It took a kubota to get it out. Needless to say the kubota did it effortlessly. A bulldozer was our next choice. Fortunatley we didn't have to do that, the dozer would've taken hours to get to the field.

KubotaL-48.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Remember that truck that drove by while we were waiting for my car to get picked up?

I'm not sure how you guys were doin it, but I've heard of people using one truck to hook to the stuck vehicle, and then another truck pullin on that truck for traction/powa

We tried that with the F250 and the explorer, and thats what got the truck about 2 foot un-stuck, but its still in there pretty good.

I hope you are on legal land when this happened, or else there might be some tickets if police were involved.

Police were already involved, property owners are aware of the situation, no tickets or complaints have been issued.

I say just call up a Big tow company I'm sure they got some heavy duty truck that can get it out. Some places got big as trucks to pull big rigs out of the ditches, but im not sure kinda surroundings you are in and what trucks can get back there to pull you out. This will probably cost you some decent coin.

Tow Companies will not bring trucks back there due to the truck being stuck in mud. Anything much larger than the F250 we had out there would most likely get stuck just trying to get to the truck.

Fuck AAA, they would take 4 hours to get there anyway. Did you try to get some shovels and dig the car out?

Good luck man, I hope anything doesn't get damaged.

AAA have saved all of our bacon several times over, You can only shovel so much mud as it just comes back.

if ANYONE has a large Pickup with a 5 Ton winch, We could REALLY use your help right about now. (I'd imagine Paul will give you a call madscientist)

Last edited:
i have a idea.. one time we got a bmw stuck in sand... went off roading by accident. we thought it was a dirt road by the way the tracks were made. what we did was take carpet from inside the car and put it under the tires or tried to slip them under. we chained the car with a huge ass tractor to where its the frame of the car and slowly pulled the car out while placing the carpet so it has something to have traction on.

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
i have a idea.. one time we got a bmw stuck in sand... went off roading by accident. we thought it was a dirt road by the way the tracks were made. what we did was take carpet from inside the car and put it under the tires or tried to slip them under. we chained the car with a huge ass tractor to where its the frame of the car and slowly pulled the car out while placing the carpet so it has something to have traction on.

That's a nice thought but I think we're past that point :(

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
That shit looks nasty, lol. I wish I had pics of when I sunk my K5 to the frame.... it was stock height on 31x10.5's and one OLD worn out ass motor that I ended up killing. I had a tox service with a flat bed pull me out with his winch...... I was on the side of I80 and thinking "Hey I can go around these people through the ditch" um no. The right front hub wasn't locked in :( oops

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
come-along.

get really long strap to some sort of tree behind you... or chain..

come along the bitch out...

we once got my buddies 04 f250 on 37s stuck... the mud was level with the hood, much the same as yours, but his hood was chin high on me, and im 6 5... only thing that got it out was a come-along... strap it to a tree down low... and to the truck and start cranking.

where was this at?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info