TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
My SSEi! :)

This is old news with the Grand Prix/W-Body crowd. The GPs and Bonnevilles (and most of GM's FWD cars) use the same brake setup and dimensions so I figured I'd give it a try. I also had custom stainless braided brake lines made through one of the GP vendors.

I can't really test out the brakes yet. I'm waiting a couple hundred miles for the pads to get fully bedded/seated with the rotors.

Here's the pics:
Fronts
FrontCalipers1.jpg

FrontCalipers2.jpg

Installed1.jpg

Rears
RearInstalledLeft.jpg

RearInstalledRight.jpg

Done
RightSide.jpg

LeftSide.jpg

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
my brother has them done on his Monte Carlo.. I haven't personally ridden in his car since he did them but he says they're such a large improvement. He also went for the same color scheme you have (black brackets, red caliper)

Your car looks VERY nice with the GXP wheels. :bigthumb:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
actually I think the brakes on my car aren't all that great, but it's a totally different world for you all ;)

for a car that weighs pretty much the same as your car, then add 11" rotors with single piston cast iron calipers.... That is a terrible combo!

adding an inch in Dia. plus the dual piston aluminum caliper makes a big difference.

'Charged

Another Grandpaw Car..FTW
Apr 24, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
for a car that weighs pretty much the same as your car, then add 11" rotors with single piston cast iron calipers.... That is a terrible combo!

adding an inch in Dia. plus the dual piston aluminum caliper makes a big difference.

heh Id consider it dangerous....:hs:

no wonder Gm went to 2 pots with the 12" rotors on the inpala/monte

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
duralast built to last?

i have a friend with an ITR and he runs duralast pads and rotors. the last track day he did i think i drove him to autozone 4 times because he warped the rotors and glazed the pads. 2 year warranty FTW even though it was more of a 2 hour warranty!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info