Anyone good at installing stick-on tint?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Yes, I'm gonna get bashed for this, but I got a stick-on pre cut set of tint for the focus like 6 months ago and never got around to dealing with it. Anyone know how to do this without screwing it up because I have shit luck with sticky things... Also, I assume the tint goes on the INSIDE of the window, not the outside. I don't want the spray-on stuff due to cost, and removal incase of tickets.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it just pre cut tint that you have to apply or does it have some sort of sticky stuff?

Um yeah im sure it goes on the inside.

Pre-Cut, just gotta pull the backing and stick it on, and I have a bottle of diluted water to put on the window before applying the tint so I can scoot it around.

Just kinda looking for input if there are any tricks to prevent bubbles etc.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yes, I'm gonna get bashed for this, but I got a stick-on pre cut set of tint for the focus like 6 months ago and never got around to dealing with it. Anyone know how to do this without screwing it up because I have shit luck with sticky things... Also, I assume the tint goes on the INSIDE of the window, not the outside. I don't want the spray-on stuff due to cost, and removal incase of tickets.

um.

what other sticky things do you not have good luck with? lol... wtf.

what did it cost? 9$?

id say wing it... if you fuck up, buy another one off ebay...

as for how to do it, make sure the surface is super clean with some sort of cleaner that does not leave a residue, and i would probably start from the smallest corner of the window and work my way back, also, use some sort of water/soap solution and spray it on the back of the tint along with the window itself.

good luck.

o yeah

inside too.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
YOur def going to need that lil tool to get the bubbles out. If its already pre cut I cant imagine it being that hard. Cutting the perfect piece and getting the bubbles out is the hardest part and you already have one out the way.

1. clean windows WELL
2. wet the windows enough but not toooo much
3. put the window down so you can line up the top first
4. use the tool and start from the middle and work your way outwards. Starting with the upper half first.
5. the hardest part will be the bottom since you have that black liner or whatever it is that your going to have to tuck the tint into thats were that tool comes in real handy.

Im no expert but ive seen many done.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info