AMS E63 AMG

Larry@AMS

Regular
Jun 20, 2011
Just before Christmas we made the leap into what will be our next platform. There were a lot of options available to us but at the end of the day the most attractive looked to be the new Mercedes 5.5L Twin turbo line.

With gobs of displacement and two turbos hanging off of it the potential for big power is massive.

One of the big developments at AMS over the late 2011 season was our tuning department. Our tuners Chris Black and Mitch McKee spent some time overseas training on new software and tools needed for our tuning department. Hundreds of hours were spent in house decoding ECU files and maps to unlock new avenues in ECU tuning here at AMS. With this new knowledge and tool set we are now able to tune just about every european ECU in house here at AMS. These new abilities will prove invaluable in our development of the Mercedes performance packages.

Our 10 years of forced induction part manufucature and tuning knowlege can now be applied to this exciting new platform.

So stay tuned as AMS develops some new performance packages for the new Mercedes models carrying the new 5.5L Twin turbo powerplant.

Below is our development car, The E63 AMG... stock for now.. but not for long :)

AMS_Performance_E63_AMG_04.jpg

AMS_Performance_E63_AMG_02.jpg

AMS_Performance_E63_AMG_05.jpg

AMS_Performance_E63_AMG_03.jpg

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
I'd love to see what you guys can do with the 4.6bi turbo in the 550 models... same engine config has almost 100hp and 100+tq difference between the different models it comes in E,CLS,S ... I'd rock the shit out of a E 550 coupe if you guys could tune it for the same power or more as the S

Larry@AMS

Regular
Jun 20, 2011
What about an e92 M3 with a blower???

tune? if so yes we can handle it and email me if you would like to discuss

I'd love to see what you guys can do with the 4.6bi turbo in the 550 models... same engine config has almost 100hp and 100+tq difference between the different models it comes in E,CLS,S ... I'd rock the shit out of a E 550 coupe if you guys could tune it for the same power or more as the S

We can tune that as well and with most turbo applications you typically see some very nice gains.

Larry@AMS

Regular
Jun 20, 2011
We had some time to get the E63 on one of our dynos (Dynojet) and it put down a very impressive 460+whp.

Mercedes-E63-AMG-baseline_watermarked.jpg

Our car is a non performance pack car (we can take care of that) and it does indeed have the factory LSD.

We hope to be tuning the car within the next 2 weeks. We are still developing the GT-R, R8 and 997 so our guys are pretty busy back there but the Mercedes will get plenty of attention.

Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info