• 04-05 Srt-4

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • 06-08 Cobalt SS

Votes: 21 84.0%

• Total voters

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
So I think ive narrowed my choices for a daily driver down to a Cobalt SS either supercharged or Turbo depending on price honestly, and an Srt-4... preferrable 04-05. I used to have an Srt-4 way back when about 4 years ago..... was a great car till I modded the Shit out of it, then it became not to reliable. My buddy has an srt-4 now and we got 31 average on the highway on the way home from school recently even with winter gas so that was a plus. Just wanted to see what people thought with these 2 choices.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You can get a srt for dirt cheap these days.

Between the two Cobalts, turbo for sure.

Both are fwd are have pretty good motors so it's gonna come down to looks and creature comforts... Interior wise, i'm sure the Cobalt will win... Although the srt seats are awesome (not the shitty leather ones). The cobalt has recaros right?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yea, the TC SS is a beast of a car, would have bought one instead of my evo if they were a bit cheaper. Def worth spending a bit more for it, although an SRT-4 is a fun ass car too. Probably the most TQ-y 4cylinder car i've driven. Gobs of TQ, in and out of boost.

Tuner World

The tech kid!!
Mar 8, 2009
Hoffman Estates
Srt-4's are nice but the Cobalt is a fun little car. My friend just sold his SRT-4 and while it was clean, it had little annoying problems with it like boost surge and shit. My cousins cobalt is a real fun car to drive and it gets pretty damn good gas mileage too. Plus it's newer.

Just like everyone else I'd say Cobalt for the better pick but the SRT-4 for pricewise. You can get a decent one for about 6-8k. We almost bought one at the carmax auction that went for under 5k. Don't know how much the SS/TC goes for though

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
It's hard to find a SRT4 that wasn't beat to piss.

mine is beat to piss... still just as healthy as the day i bought it! except for the struts...those are blown...lol

i guess it really depends what you need - if its a 4 door - it would have to be srt - if you can deal with a coupe...then the cobalt - only because the cobalt ss (t/c) sedan is a nightmare to find...

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
After all the crap I put up with on my former SRT-4, my vote would be Cobalt SS Turbo hands-down.

Of course, some of what I hated in the SRT-4 you would most likely never experience (repeated front hub failure in a track setting where a hub and bearing was lucky to last 3 to 4 track days was too high maintenance for me and rather annoying... plus crappy brakes and more).

On the street I hated the stupid cop attention the SRT-4 gets. All the honda kiddies want to race you, cops pull you over for no reason (said my light was out when it wasn't and then just said better get that checked because it wasn't working a minute ago), pulled over for 2mph over the limit.. stupid crap

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
It's hard to find a SRT4 that wasn't beat to piss.

The was true even back when I bought my SRT4 back in January 2007 *and then sold it in November 2007 again after being so disenchanted with it all.

I ended up getting mine from this 48 year old woman who thought the car was 'cute' in the showroom who never drove it hard much less modified it from stock (it was obvious due to the lack of fouling on the original spark plugs, original brake pads and other obvious signs) but I had to fly to Hartford, CT to get mine. It sold to a 17 year old kid whose dad bought it for him so I can only imagine what it condition it is in now. I only put about 13k miles on it during my short ownership and sold it with 56k miles IIRC.

Thread Info