Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
get under the car and check before u start ripping apart your exhaust...takes 3 minutes

A rotten egg smell will ussually be in resultant of the cat burning or being overheated...A rattling noise is a very good indication of going bad or clogged cat... Also you will have extreme loss in power. The best way to tell if it's the cat or not is to get underneath and tap or peck at the cat and if it rattles, it may be clogged/bad

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
well i just went under... no smell or ratle... but the exhaust gasket i just got replaced blew AGAIN... and i think it did it because of the extra backpressure from a clogged or semi clogged cat. im going to do a vacuum test but ineed help on how to

my high flow cat doesn't even have a screen, so it can't get clogged, Lol.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
ALL emmisions systems, ESPECIALLY GMs are warrantied to 100,000 miles. i think its a federal law? Go to your dealership and either get the part for free and do it ur self, or have them put in a new cat/ gasket. If your around the mateson area stop by Miller Chevy in the auto mall, ill tell um ur comming, theyll take care of you.

James

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info