/thread

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ive read the V6 Magnum is nice, but not really good on gas and barely has enough power to move itself out of the way.

I know a guy with a Hemi Charger and he said the gas mileage isnt all that bad. It has its on version of displacement on demand and the gearing is piss poor long. Longer then GTPs. IIRC he said its 2.5X.1

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
DOD is a total load of shit, I have it, it only helps on the highway for constant cruising.

Magnum is the exact same. The 3.5 isn't bad, but it is by no means performance oriented. Don't even think about getting a car with the 2.7? V6 that thing was a load of junk.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
DOD is a total load of shit, I have it, it only helps on the highway for constant cruising.

Magnum is the exact same. The 3.5 isn't bad, but it is by no means performance oriented. Don't even think about getting a car with the 2.7? V6 that thing was a load of junk.

Oh no. I want the 3.5 liter V6. I want the 250hp. Performance isnt my goal anymore. Something large and simple thats reliable. I think they were all chuckling at Chrylser when they offered the 2.7 liter. Lets see what idiot buys a 2.7 liter in a 4000 lb car. I feel like i'm flooring a GEO Metro.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
the newest bodystyle malibu is actually really nice. the malibu car kinda has a bad name, but if you go to a dealer and check out a new malibu you will e suprised at the quality improvements, espicaly in the interior. (i find that with a DD you are going to keep for awhile, a nice interior is a must because that is where you spend most of your time). they are actually decently fast too (with the V6) and theres even a hybrid option. the price may surprise you too, you can get a near fully loaded one for under $30K

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
the newest bodystyle malibu is actually really nice. the malibu car kinda has a bad name, but if you go to a dealer and check out a new malibu you will e suprised at the quality improvements, espicaly in the interior. (i find that with a DD you are going to keep for awhile, a nice interior is a must because that is where you spend most of your time). they are actually decently fast too (with the V6) and theres even a hybrid option. the price may surprise you too, you can get a near fully loaded one for under $30K

Wow, 30K for a Malibu?? Then again, as you said alot has been changed. If they made as many changes to the interior as the exterior and you can get a hybrid version, I would go out on a limb to say it is most likely worth it.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I've driven both a 300C long distance and a Hemi Magnum long distance, both are ok on gas mileage, 22-25 mpg as long as you keep it under 75 mph. Anything over that we've found the DOD can't keep up. They are a little cheap feeling all around, just large slabs of plastic as far as the eye can see, but the chassis is quite tight and smooth for an american car, and the hemi's got good power. I wouldn't even think about getting the V6 and only picking up a couple of mpg's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info