Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Finally ran my junk box with the blower

1.990 60'
8.855 1/8th
78.24 mph
13.900 1/4th
95.33 mph

For the record, Last year I ran a 14.848 with no blower. The upgrades SINCE then have been: M90 Blower at 5PSI, 30lb injectors, 255LPH Walbro. Not bad to shave a full second IMO :smile:

I have colder plugs and the 8PSI pulley sitting here waiting to go one once I have a gear/tire ready :ford:

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
so did you take all the shit off when you got there just to put it back on when you left?

Ran a 14.7 my first pass, was only getting 3PSI for some reason...

Found that the vac hose that goes to my boost gauge was leaking, so I had a spare hose that I popped on and snapped off a 14.4 with a 2.3XX 60 foot, then we went Gung-Ho and pulled off everything that wasn't nailed down. Honestly, was MAYBE 100lbs (Bumpers, headlights, tail lights) *Pass seat and tail gate were already off*

Snapped off a 2.25 60 foot and got a 14.03 pass, then let it cool for a bit and snagged the 1.9 60' and 13.900 1/4th that I came for :fy:

the launch REALLY makes or breaks my truck on the 1/4th I've found, HARD CORE... Need tires/gear.

HUSTLE.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Nice run! Maybe smaller dia and wider tire get you some more.

need a TALLER tire or a gear.

I'm OVER geared with my 4.10's, I shift into 4th gear AT 95mph (nearly all of my traps were near/at 95mph) I'm going to step down to 3.73's and then may step back down to 26 inch tires.

congrats das!
i still think it'd be better to go with a larger crank pulley than a smaller blower pulley did you check the offset on the new pulley to see if it has to be machined as well?

:rofl: @ hustle retained

Not sure why I'd want additional rotating mass to increase boost when I already have the 2.0 SC Pulley from Pulley boys... It still needs to be machined as well it looks like, but oh well.

syP had asked I don't post his times, so I went ahead and did a quick chop to hide it :rofl:

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
need a TALLER tire or a gear.

I'm OVER geared with my 4.10's, I shift into 4th gear AT 95mph (nearly all of my traps were near/at 95mph) I'm going to step down to 3.73's and then may step back down to 26 inch tires.

Not sure why I'd want additional rotating mass to increase boost when I already have the 2.0 SC Pulley from Pulley boys... It still needs to be machined as well it looks like, but oh well.

Wring out 3rd gear through the traps. You are losing time shifting into 4th right there.

With the larger crank pulley, it will spin the blower faster without going to a smaller SC pulley and increasing belt slip. The little bit of rotating mass is nothing.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Wring out 3rd gear through the traps. You are losing time shifting into 4th right there.

With the larger crank pulley, it will spin the blower faster without going to a smaller SC pulley and increasing belt slip. The little bit of rotating mass is nothing.

its a 4R70W (Auto - 4 speed)

No matter what I've tried with my tuner I can't keep the truck out of 4th...

Essentially the stock shift points 1-2 5000, 2-3 5000, 3-4 4500. I bumped my shift points and redline across the board 500RPM, so its winding out to 5000 before shifting to 4th, but I don't want to push the motor past 5500 RPM just yet... another issue on that note is because of the swap and the sensors involved, i can't setup the tune to shift by MPH without it being all kinds of wacky....

I'm going to step down to 3.73's, buy a tire, and install my pulley (Already have it, was only $75, no idea where to buy, or what kind of crank pulley I'd need ***Explorer accessories are unique, so I can't just strap on a mustang one***)

Didn't think about the belt slip, but haven't heard of it being an issue in my application.

lolz. Only way you could be trolled harder is if I said to buy an f-body so he could run high 12s stock.

This shit is priceless.

Funny story, Tuned LS2 6 speed GTO ran 13.8's all day...

2011 Mustang GT, BONE stock minus mufflers, ran 12.7's all day......

I think I'll skip the car payment and keep my high 13's :ford:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info