Detailing Products - What do you use??

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Greasy, what do you use?

I like using the Meguiars #26 Yellow Carnuba and also the Collinite 845. I have not ventured much into other waxes because I have a shit ton of #26. In fact if either of you guys want to try some just buy an empty bottle and I will pour you some. I like the Collinite because its extremely durable. For polishes I have Poor Boy's, Meguiar's, Klasse AIO, and Pinnacle.

How do you like the Zymol, do you use their whole line?

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Here I will give my process:

Step 1: Good wash with Dawn. I spray the wheel wells with Simple Green and also the engine. I wipe the engine down with a light rinse and dry it with an old rag. To protect the rubber, I use Vinylex

Step 2: Claybar. They are all pretty much the same. I prefer Zaino's kit.

Step 3: Menerza IP with a Lake County orange pad on my Porter Cable. This will remove most swirls and light scratches. I have a black car so I do this once a year. Skip to step 4 if your finish has light swirls or is a lighter color.

http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-intensive-polish.html

Step 4: Menerze FP II with a Lake County white pad. This will add depth to the paint and increase optical clarity.
http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-final-polish.html

Step 5: LSP (Last Step Product). I like NXT 2.0 or Zaino Z-2 pro. I've been using Z-2 Pro on my car and it lasts up a really long time. I apply this by hand and do two thin coats. You don't need a lot of product here.

Always remove your product with a good quality microfiber!

After these steps above crack open a beer and stare at your reflection. It should take 4-6 hours depending on how meticulous you are.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
I like the Collinite because its extremely durable. For polishes I have Poor Boy's, Meguiar's, Klasse AIO, and Pinnacle.

How do you like the Zymol, do you use their whole line?

Agreed. Collinite is great for the winter months. I put on one coat in November and another coat on in late December / early January and I am set for the winter. It's a little bit of a bear to take off sometimes, but it gives good results.

Otherwise, for polishes I use: Meguiar's #82 and #83 DACP, Klasse AIO and Meguiar's NXT (for door jambs and such).

For sealants and waxes I use: Klasse SG, 4 Star UPP, Ultima, Pinnacle Souveran and Paste Glaze, Collinite #845 and Menzerna FMJ.

IMO, there are a lot of other better products than Zymol.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I applied 845 to my truck about 5 weeks ago and I notice that after a wash, when i rince there's really no sheeting action.... the side/vertical panels bead but the roof and hood "puddle" wtf ? paint still beads well when it rains, even if its dirty.

my lineup
meg's blue clay / clat magic blue clay
polishes - Menzerna SIP, IP and FPII
glaze - clearkote's vanilla moose
wax - clearkote's carnauba moose wax and collinite 845 ( i have used meg's # 26 tech wax, liquid )
sealant - wolfgang concours paint sealant ( this is what i use for the camaro....awesome slickness and good sheeting action )

other items, Optimum car wax, optimum no rinse wash, klasse AIO...

i have used PB's SSR2.5 and wasn't impressed....I also bought and then sold klasse sealant glaze.....it was too hard to work with, at least for me.

i have been reading about megs M105 and 205.

i have yellow, orange white, blue black and red LC pads in 6, 6.5 and 4"

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I use:

Megg220.bmp

Though I don't use it enough. We also have a Craftsman buffer/polisher.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info