invisble car bras?

R

roosh725

long story short PAF doesn't believe in waxing your roof when you get your car detalied and waxed, and doesn't want your business when you confront them about it. so they lost all my business and my friends business just like they asked.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Ha, that was not a detail, that was a sealant coat add-on. You had an H2 that was filthy and really needed a clay bar, but you still wanted to argue me down on the price for a coat of sealant. Without doing a claybar the sun-damaged clearcoat on the roof just absorbed it. Given, they did miss some areas mainly because it is very difficult to reach the center of the roof on an H2, especially with all the roof rack bars in the way. You demanded to pay the same price as a car for an H2 and then you exaggerated the quality of the job saying there was still bird crap and bug guts on the car. There were a few water marks left on the roof mainly cause it holds so much water up there it just keeps leaking out, the bug "guts" were actually etchings since the bugs had baked on in the sun.

That said, I did not act the way I should have when you confronted me about it, but your attitude, making it out to be worse than it was set me off. I was having a bad day, and that wasn't your fault. I apologized after and had them re-seal the roof for you. I thought we would have this behind us.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
We are car guys, and most of us are DIY type of people. When we know the cost of the product and how much labor it would take to do it ourselves, the price is a lot less attractive than to an average joe with no knowlege. Same thing with taking your car somewhere to be modded. Would you pay more for a performance shop to work on it, or drag it to pep boys?

Kevin has overhead to cover, and workers to pay beside himself. The prices are more than fair, and completely justifiable.

R

roosh725

Ha, that was not a detail, that was a sealant coat add-on. You had an H2 that was filthy and really needed a clay bar, but you still wanted to argue me down on the price for a coat of sealant. Without doing a claybar the sun-damaged clearcoat on the roof just absorbed it. Given, they did miss some areas mainly because it is very difficult to reach the center of the roof on an H2, especially with all the roof rack bars in the way. You demanded to pay the same price as a car for an H2 and then you exaggerated the quality of the job saying there was still bird crap and bug guts on the car. There were a few water marks left on the roof mainly cause it holds so much water up there it just keeps leaking out, the bug "guts" were actually etchings since the bugs had baked on in the sun.

That said, I did not act the way I should have when you confronted me about it, but your attitude, making it out to be worse than it was set me off. I was having a bad day, and that wasn't your fault. I apologized after and had them re-seal the roof for you. I thought we would have this behind us.

lets get the facts straight first of all. 1. the car was not filthy at all, sure it could use a clay bar to have the sealant "seal" better but dont go as far to say it was filthy. 2. there were still bugs that i could pick off with my fingers in the front grille. and thats after a wash and a seal? 4. there wasnt just spots on the roof there was clumps of mud and dirt still on roof. how is that possible if you sealed it? . 5. i do not have roof rails so the roof is not hard to get too with the steps u had. we both know what happened after and you admitted to doing a jackass job on it. 5. maybe you should change ure sign so it specifies larger vehicles extra. and if not extra. maybe if you were actually concerend about how good of work you do and knew how to talk to customers you wouldnt have to worry about how high your prices are...(which i dont think are extremely high dont get me wrong) because you would have alot more customers. I used to recommend everyone who talked to me about a place to get there cars cleaned or detailed or w.e to you guys because of how great the other guy who runned it was last summer. but dont worry, they all know what happend and you lost a buncha customers and potential customers.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
I used to recommend everyone who talked to me about a place to get there cars cleaned or detailed or w.e to you guys because of how great the other guy who runned it was last summer

ooooooook...I have had this business since 2007.:dunno:

I am not going to get into an argument on the internet. I tried to resolve the issue while you were here, if you still had a problem you should have said it then. Either come here and talk to me or drop it. I have washed and detailed several vehicles for members of this forum and I believe they think we do an excellent job. If we were doing a half-ass job all the time we would not have done 65 details and 350 washes last month. Having employees and not doing all the work myself is new to me and can be frustrating at times not being able to check every square inch of every vehicle we put out. I try my hardest, but nobody's perfect and you really just caught me on very bad day. I apologized for my reaction, but there is nothing else I can do at this point.

R

roosh725

all good. good luck in the future.

ooooooook...I have had this business since 2007.:dunno:

I am not going to get into an argument on the internet. I tried to resolve the issue while you were here, if you still had a problem you should have said it then. Either come here and talk to me or drop it. I have washed and detailed several vehicles for members of this forum and I believe they think we do an excellent job. If we were doing a half-ass job all the time we would not have done 65 details and 350 washes last month. Having employees and not doing all the work myself is new to me and can be frustrating at times not being able to check every square inch of every vehicle we put out. I try my hardest, but nobody's perfect and you really just caught me on very bad day. I apologized for my reaction, but there is nothing else I can do at this point.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
There are places that can get it done for cheap, but the film will yellow after a couple years in the sun. I have a place downtown that does all of them for me, but as far as the suburbs go, I would reccomend Kevin's place.

All of them turn yellow over time, even the 3M versions. It might just be cheaper to repaint the front bumper in a few years.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info