Ever feel like you're done modding your car?? I'm talking Daily drivers mainly...

Done modding?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I just feel like leaving mine as is and concentrating on other things. Wanting to lower mine got me thinking about it because I have to roll my rear quarters to do it and all my mods up to now are fairly easily reversible.

Anybody else feel similar or that they're done?

The ranger I felt like was 'done' after the swap was in, and then I had all kinds of big plans, and then maintence/detail stuff started popping up...

Now I feel like its turning into the SHO, never gonna have money to mod it because I'm too busy fixing it. (not really the case, but just kinda dis-heartening when all of a sudden it goes from being a bad-ass little truck to kinda 'falling apart' in the wiring department........

Buying the Cobalt has taken away that feeling, so I can go back to modding at my leisure....

I think its a mutual feeling when you are modding your DD... "Never feels done"

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i consider it occasionally... but then thought of "just" another 1k-1500$ into my trans and itd be bulletproof and i could crank up the boost on e85 and go 11s hunting. then i feel like going much quicker wont be too cool. mainly cuz what new cars are running stock- or barely modded- perfect example- new mustangs... barely have any mods and going 11s. fuck. or v6 mustangs going quicker than my car stock... and slightly modded for that

plus i want a diesel. bad. baaaaad

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Three years ago I set out to make my car a reliable ten second street car. It ran tens with ease the first time out. So I figured try for nines. Well a pulley change made that possible the very next track outing. Well nines was easy so how about eights? lol So a switch from the t trim Vortech to a 80mm turbo I set out to the track. In 6 passes I maxed out the 80mm turbo running 9.32. So a 88mm turbo is on the car now. LOL Along with a few other things I hope to be in the eights soon.

Along with the eight second goal I thought how I never had a car that had good brakes. So an upgrade to 4 piston rotors up front and maybe dual calipers in the rear is in the near future. And yes, two calipers per side on the rears to help staging the car while spooling the turbo. Along with the brakes to help with deceleration a parachute was put on the car for track duty.

Did I mention I need a upgraded stereo system? How about a paint job? lol yeah, it goes on and on. HAHA

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
i consider it occasionally... but then thought of "just" another 1k-1500$ into my trans and itd be bulletproof and i could crank up the boost on e85 and go 11s hunting. then i feel like going much quicker wont be too cool. mainly cuz what new cars are running stock- or barely modded- perfect example- new mustangs... barely have any mods and going 11s. fuck. or v6 mustangs going quicker than my car stock... and slightly modded for that

plus i want a diesel. bad. baaaaad

But aside from the turbo your car is stock :dunno: just a cam would get you close to the 10's, I.E. phatrides car. It's a completely stock l67, just has a cam and not even pushing it ran 11.4...

Thread Info