Manual people: neutral or first while sitting at a light?

What do you do at a light? Neutral or first?

• Total voters

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
When stopped at a light do you put the car in neutral and keep your foot off the clutch or do you put it in first with the clutch pedal pushed in?

I had a discussion about this at work the other day. The argument was that it'll wear out your throw-out bearing prematurely. My thought was that it's been taken into consideration and it should be replaced with a clutch anyways.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
i'm a little bit country, and a little bit rock n roll. I pay attention on the cross traffics signal, so if i just come to a red light i'll be in neutral. If i see that the light will turn soon i'll leave it in first. You have short clutch travel in that Rubiroo, so you can afford to leave it in first.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
i'm a little bit country, and a little bit rock n roll. I pay attention on the cross traffics signal, so if i just come to a red light i'll be in neutral. If i see that the light will turn soon i'll leave it in first. You have short clutch travel in that Rubiroo, so you can afford to leave it in first.
Yea I like my clutch and pedal....minus the high engagement. If it was lower it would be great. It's got the perfect amount of tension too

Thread Info