M112 and 5.4 questions

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
how hard is it to 'slap on' an stock M112 on a stock 2V or 4V engine?
how hard is it to use a 5.4 in a mustang? * Triton motor for example? Will it be slower etc?*

getting my budget together for the mustang project, and have always wanted a blown car, and enjoy my bizzare swaps. I know I already said that "I'm not gonna mod it" so that being said it depends heavily on how well the new job works out obviously, but I'm just kinda curious.

E

ez112

You can't mate an M112 intake (Lightning I'm assuming) to 4valve heads. 4 valve 4.6 won't work either. Karkraft.com is gone now. They sold adapters that could have made it possible.

I heard some options are with the GT Supercar heads (expensive) or the Cobra R heads (rare and even more expensive for the Lightning manifold to work. Never seen it done though.

I would just go CSC with a cheapo 5.4 and a find Navigator heads and intake.

Oh yeah. 5.4's have pencil connecting rods so you might as well go built. :)

machausta

Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee
A well thought out similar 5.4 2V or 5.4 3V will NOT equal a well thought 4.6 2V or 4.6 3V in Natural Aspiration form. A lot of talk about how it will but none yet have come close. For the 5.4 to outshine the 4.6, it needs the 4V heads in N/A form.

Been covered just about every time the 5.4 comes up. To put it briefly. The 5.4 is considerably heavier. There is no power gain with a 5.4. The 5.4 makes more low end power but runs out of breath quickly and cannot make the same high rpm power than the 4.6 can. That is with the best 2V and 3V heads out there. The best 4V stuff, the 5.4 can out produce the 4.6. The Big-Bores unshroud the valves and can make better use of the air flowed by the heads and will out produce any equal 5.4 combo...

So...5.4 DOHC and build the fuck outta it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info