The new Boss 5.0 motor.....

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
http://www.stangtv.com/forum/more-boss-5-0-liter-engine-6336.html#

More on Boss 5.0-Liter Engine Already Testing at Daytona
One Mustang enthusiast over at the Team Shelby website caught the two new Boss 302R’s in the pits at Daytona this past weekend with their hoods up. Sitting between the frame rails was the new race version of Ford’s heralded 5.0–liter engine.

Photo Credit: JeffJ

Not only is the engine architecture new but the intake design looks like some of the modular intakes we’ve seen on fast Mustangs at the drag strip. The engine also has the trademark Variable Cam Timing Sensors on the valve cover. While the VCT system was designed on the street to deliver more power and fuel economy we’re sure Ford Racing engine tuners will be using it to maximize the performance of the engine at high RPMs. Scott Maxwell driving the No.16 Boss 302 R set fastest lap time for the weekend.

From the tag on the valve cover it appears that the motor was built at Fords "prototype-only" engine facility called EMDO (Engine Manufacturing Development Operations) in Allen Park, MI. EMDO typically produces volumes of about 3 to 300 parts per run vs mainstream powertrain production plants that crank out 7 to 800 parts per hour.

Over twenty years ago, Ford crated EMDO and it’s been instrumental in engine testing, design and manufacturing feasibility ever since. EMDO produces engine prototypes for Ford and Mazda. All 300 of the 2000 Cobra R engines were built at EMDO as well as the first versions of the R50 FR500C Cammer engine. Roush-Yates Engines acquired the R50 engine build program in 2007 and continues to handle rebuilds and the Daytona Prototype engine program.

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
when? how?

60s camaro > 60s mustang...

70s camaro > 70s mustang

80s camaro... .yeah fuck this category. the 80s sucked for these cars.

early 90s camaro > early 90s mustang

late 90s camaro > late 90s mustang.

:dunno:

roflpuke.gif

Why didn't you keep going?

Bones

Don't call me late for dinner!!!
Dec 29, 2009
Nw Burbs
03 - 09 Mustang > 03 - 09 Camaro

:drums:

LOL there's no 03 -09 Camaro. :) And what I find to be the weak sauce is that from 03-09 Ford's GT FINALLY began beating LT1s. Congrats, you officially beat something that was over 15 years old in design from GM. Ask a GT guy to race an LS1? OH NO, I need a s/c for that. :picard:

Yeah about the only so called Ford I respect and would want to ever own is a 03 04 terminator, primarily because ford never really touched it haha, svt engineering made that car into something great. That is a dead sexy car.

when? how?

60s camaro > 60s mustang...

70s camaro > 70s mustang

80s camaro... .yeah fuck this category. the 80s sucked for these cars.

early 90s camaro > early 90s mustang

late 90s camaro > late 90s mustang.

:dunno:
AMEN. :D

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
LOL there's no 03 -09 Camaro. :) And what I find to be the weak sauce is that from 03-09 Ford's GT FINALLY began beating LT1s. Congrats, you officially beat something that was over 15 years old in design from GM. Ask a GT guy to race an LS1? OH NO, I need a s/c for that. :picard:

Yeah about the only so called Ford I respect and would want to ever own is a 03 04 terminator, primarily because ford never really touched it haha, svt engineering made that car into something great. That is a dead sexy car.

:hsugh:

svt is ford's performance division

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
A motor is converting electric energy into mechanical energy. A engine is converting chemical energy into mechanical energy.

:)

First line out of every definition :) :

Wiki said:
Motor is a device that creates motion, an engine; it usually refers to either an electrical motor or an internal combustion engine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor

Google said:
machine that converts other forms of energy into mechanical energy and so imparts motion
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title&ved=0CAcQkAE

Dictionary.com said:
a comparatively small and powerful engine, esp. an internal-combustion engine in an automobile, motorboat, or the like.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/motor

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

The Camaro tried the HP game and lost big time in sales. Ford has always created a good platform and Ford Racing & the aftermarket was there to beat GM in motorsports.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I love how every Mustang thread turns into a Camaro sales thread. The initial responses were "about time". That isnt a bash and claiming the Camaro is god. That is a claim saying "Thank god they finally gave a pony car balls."

The new 5.0 is a beast and is definatly a step in the right direction in the entire industry IMO. It needs more of this.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
The new 5.0 is a beast and is definatly a step in the right direction in the entire industry IMO. It needs more of this.

The Coyote is pretty trick and supposedly it's not even close to its potential. Ford's engineers are kicking ass as of late. The EcoBoost 3.5, 3.7L, and 5.0L seem to be world class engines.

GM needs the Gen V small block out asap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info