New PB @ Byron, might not make it next weekend

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
Weather was pretty good and track was hooking well for guys with good tires. There was a ZR1 there that almost put it into the wall on the 1-2 shift on his stock summer tires. I didn't have ANY traction issues though.

Only got 4 passes in, 2 of them were clean (other 2 were really boggy launches)

Here's my best...SOOO close to 10s....launch wasn't that great either...
IMG_2980.jpg

Ran an 11.1@128 after that with a crappier launch, and then on the next pass (was going to be my last). I REALLY got out....best launch of the day...no bog...but about 40-50 feet in...this happened....
IMG_2968.jpg

So much for my DSS UPGRADED axle. I was running a stock one on the other side...no idea why the UPGRADED one broke and not the stock one.

Oh, well. My car is probably done for the year since I now have only stock axles sitting around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBQ0pcx8J5E

Launch that broke the axle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuucgawUibw

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
So close! That is really weird that the upgraded axle broke and not the stock, wtf? You'll get 10s eventually, was hoping you'd get it before this year ends though.

If it would have held on that pass, It definitely would have gone 10s...came out WAY harder than the previous passes. Oh well. The new setup will go 10s with a soft launch. :pedobear:

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
fucking awesome.

i know its twin turbo but what exactly is your modlist? its pretty homebuilt IIRC right?

I didn't actually put the longblock together, but the rest was all done in my garage.

APS Twin Turbo kit (internally gated GT25s)
Greddy exhaust
built bottom end (eagle rods, aries pistons)
stock heads
stock cams
Cosworth intake manifold
CJ Motorsports stage 2 fuel system
Deatschwerks 650cc injectors
Carbonetic Dual carbon clutch
Z-UTEC engine management (sucks)
Alkycontrol meth kit

That's the basics.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info