So I drove one of these...

Ford Tempo Fan

I am the Tempo Fan.
Jun 13, 2009
Alaska
The new Focus.
006-1.jpg

003.jpg

Its a 2008 SES, being sold privately for $15,000 (including transferable warranty and a set of studded winter tires). Its got Microsoft Sync, heated leather seats, adjustable ambient lighting, and everything else. I was very impressed. It looks, inside and out, sort of stupid. The chrome fender 'vents' are very cheesy, as is the gauge cluster and the center console appearance. Yet, inside it had a very high quality feel. Much more so then its larger Ford siblings (Fusion and Five Hundred) or its Chevrolet competitor (Cobalt). It was pretty quick too. Not fast, but quick.

I approve.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Meh, i thought about buying a new focus, but decided against it to save some money and buy something used. I'll agree that those vents are really quite cheesey and awful, and that's why they were only offered for one year. But everyone I talk to seems to like the new focus, again you are not going to mistake it for something more expensive and thus shouldn't be compared as such. But for what it is, it is not a bad car. I wouldn't say that $15K for a used one is a good deal though. You'd be better off going to a dealer and getting one for a couple of grand more, with much better financing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info