Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
niiiiiiiice

For those who have followed, the AMS GT-R ran its best time of 10.69 @ 132 on pump gas, full weight, and runflats.

Today we decided to give the set of DR's and 18in volks a try while leaving everything else the same as the 10.69 pass! (BTW THANKS CHUCK H for lending us the set)

I wish the conditions were a little better...

But we are still excited

10.53 @ 133.68 mph

Track temp was about 125-130 Degrees. DA was 2500 at the time of the pass. Not to mention it was a blistering 87 degrees according to the track.

The bad part is we only got two runs in. The Track was hosting an event all day and into the evening. We were one of the only cars in test and tune.

After being there many hours and not running, the track owner felt bad about not getting us out so he invited us back on the house.

Slip and video soon to come.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
AMS does it again...this time taking the mph record on PUMP gas. previous record was on c16 (not via ams).

kdpbf6.jpg

As you know the old record set by Kenny @ Jotech was a 134.230 and was done on C16 race gas, no exhaust and a few more mods than our car has on it.

We also improved our pump gas ET record with a 10.48

BTW they were both on the same run.

Mods currently on the car:

AMS TURBOS
AMS FULL EXHUAST
INJECTORS
FORGED PERFORMANCE ACTUATORS
COBB AP

THATS IT!

vid to hopefully soon follow

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
AMS does it again.

4973276132_45a9c757f9_z.jpg

The weather was cool (about 60 degrees) but the track was slick. Eric Jones reported that wheel spin in 1st and 2nd was a big problem. I think if he had the elusive "perfect" pass it would of just barely broke the 9 sec mark. Still to run a deep 10 second pass on pump gas in a bolt on performance package is a win in my eyes for the GT-R community. Every day this car is proving people wrong and proving to the world that that the R35 GT-R is the top dog.

oh and the track was Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove Wisconsin. We ran last night on 9/8.

That is correct, Just the Alpha 9 Package.

This car has a completely stock transmission but we do recommend the Dodson clip package along with a PPG 1st gear. This was sort of a spontaneous trip to the track.

It was just a little too cold out that night to get any good 60 ft times or traction. Like I posted earlier it was a very spontaneous trip.

There was a full tank of gas in the car as this is Martin's (shop owner) daily driver and we sort of stole it from him to take it to the track LOL

vid to follow soon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info