TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Muahahahaha!!!! 350rwtq and 600rwhp!!!! BOLT ON

e92-9psi.jpg

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I won't be able to drag the car with that much power. I'm sure the rear end won't hold up, and IRS won't be fun.

Oh mookey, think about it this way. How many miles do you have on your car? And how many of those miles were actually driven at the drag strip? Most fun with a car is done on the street. I'll be able to get on it in first gear, but launching a car hard with IRS and that much power is pretty much out of the question. When you look at the dyno graph, this SC doesn't make much power over stock until 4k rpm anyways.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Oh mookey, think about it this way. How many miles do you have on your car? And how many of those miles were actually driven at the drag strip? Most fun with a car is done on the street. I'll be able to get on it in first gear, but launching a car hard with IRS and that much power is pretty much out of the question. When you look at the dyno graph, this SC doesn't make much power over stock until 4k rpm anyways.

i realize this. just saying

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
my 2 cents -

that's a pricey kit and the economic world is collapsing. i think it's possible within now and the next few years to make financial decisions that could set you up for life, such as buying the right thing at the right time after that little depression dealie we had in the past. so i would say there might come a time when you would have rather had/invested 10g's in something else rather than just being able to pull (pretty damn) hard in a car.

i bought an e36 m3 after i graduated college, i had a supercharger in it a year later too. i really never messed around much on the street or did any "street racing" but it was damn fun to have. i went to my first autocross and then proceeded to get beat by 40 year old men in heavier 15 year old cars.

with what i currently do when i get the chance, autox and track, i'm perfectly happy with sti power (i just have a software update) and know i'm not able to push the car to its limits yet, and probably not for some time. while the money i have spent on light to major mods on cars in the past (m3, 535, miata) has been fun, ultimately today i would have much rather used the money for something else or still have it.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
my 2 cents -

that's a pricey kit and the economic world is collapsing. i think it's possible within now and the next few years to make financial decisions that could set you up for life, such as buying the right thing at the right time after that little depression dealie we had in the past. so i would say there might come a time when you would have rather had/invested 10g's in something else rather than just being able to pull (pretty damn) hard in a car.

i bought an e36 m3 after i graduated college, i had a supercharger in it a year later too. i really never messed around much on the street or did any "street racing" but it was damn fun to have. i went to my first autocross and then proceeded to get beat by 40 year old men in heavier 15 year old cars.

with what i currently do when i get the chance, autox and track, i'm perfectly happy with sti power (i just have a software update) and know i'm not able to push the car to its limits yet, and probably not for some time. while the money i have spent on light to major mods on cars in the past (m3, 535, miata) has been fun, ultimately today i would have much rather used the money for something else or still have it.

While I don't disagree with you. At what point do I stop saving all the money and live in the now?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
While I don't disagree with you. At what point do I stop saving all the money and live in the now?

hey, up for you to decide and figure out. i wouldn't have minded figuring my own balance out a bit more cheaply and earlier. if you have that 10k and drop it into baby google next year, in a decade it may turn into enough cash for you to buy 5 supercharged m3s, rather than a kit for one. i'm not saying to die with a million dollars and regrets, just noting that you just picked up the car, it's still wicked fast, and you may (or may not) come to share my opinions some day.

if ya get the kit i want a ride though. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info