Ugh, it's a fuckin regal

I never said my car was fast or that it was awesome. I also never said I was going to win an autocross. I want to do it because it looks fun. Also, the version of Civic I have is the lightest model. Features = heavy = poor handling.

BTW, the Regal is gay because they made it look like an Audi RS4 which it's not. If you want your car to look like an RS4, buy an RS4. The article also says that the guy that modded them wanted to ad "a dash of Euro-style and performance". If you want a dash of Euro-style and performance, buy a whole car made of Euro-style and performance. If I wanted Euro-style and performance when I had my Grand Prix, I would have traded it in for a BMW not hunted down the rarest parts ever so that it's a facsimile of a BMW.

Just because I drive a Civic doesn't mean that I can't have opinions about other cars. Opinions like Porche's design team are the laziest on the planet and the Dodge Viper handles like a brick with rocket boosters.

Seriously, no unwarranted disrespect intended, but any Regal GS modded or not would put bus lengths on your car. I would take that regal any day, and drive it right to a body shop for paint.
No unwarranted disrespect taken. ;)

Life is more than straight-line performance. I love a car that can corner. I love taking a right and being firmly planted to the door while the car is firmly planted on the ground. I can't do that in my car but I love that feeling. My Civic is more exciting in corners than my Grand Prix ever was.

I agree with you about that color. Saying it's a bit too much is an understatement.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I never said my car was fast or that it was awesome. I also never said I was going to win an autocross. I want to do it because it looks fun. Also, the version of Civic I have is the lightest model. Features = heavy = poor handling.

BTW, the Regal is gay because they made it look like an Audi RS4 which it's not. If you want your car to look like an RS4, buy an RS4.

Regal & this article = way before the RS4's time

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Regals are W-bodies, and the regal is significantly lighter according to that article. Lighter with the same power as the GTP makes for a faster car.

So just out of curiosity are you going to do any visual modifications to your civic? If you were to put alloy wheels and some minor engine mods on your VP, should we tell you to just go buy an Si?

Last edited:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
No unwarranted disrespect taken. ;)

Life is more than straight-line performance. I love a car that can corner. I love taking a right and being firmly planted to the door while the car is firmly planted on the ground. I can't do that in my car but I love that feeling. My Civic is more exciting in corners than my Grand Prix ever was.

I agree with you about that color. Saying it's a bit too much is an understatement.

You might wanna stay stay atleast 30 foot away from Crawlin then, He lives a quarter mile at a time (Pardon the lame quote)

I have a 92 CX, And its a blast having something that you can fling around with nearly no consequence.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info