Octane booster (O2 safe)?

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
Actually, I retract the above statement. I would throw out all octane boosters with the exception of the torco octane booster. I guess some test said thats the only octane boosting product that is legit, all others suck nuts. So I would support torco octane booster, but I think it would be smarter and easier just to get the race fuel. Octane boosters are said to give you "hot Spots" in the fuel.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Go to the hardware store paint section and grab a gallon of Xylene/Xylol. Mix a gallon of it with 4 gallons of gas, and you'll come out with 5 gallons of 100 octane.

Or just find a Meijer because they have 100 octane unleaded pumps, or at least the ones down here do...

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
unless you have knocking problems with your current tune (which would make it a bad tune though)

False.

A perfect tune on a bad setup is still a perfect tune. Just because the car is knocking does NOT mean the tune sucks. Put a 3.4 on a mild bolt-on car, and tune it for a perfect AFR, it will knock. The tune is not wrong, the pulley size and boost is.

Tune first, pick pulley afterwards. I will never understand why nobody gets this.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
False.

A perfect tune on a bad setup is still a perfect tune. Just because the car is knocking does NOT mean the tune sucks. Put a 3.4 on a mild bolt-on car, and tune it for a perfect AFR, it will knock. The tune is not wrong, the pulley size and boost is.

Tune first, pick pulley afterwards. I will never understand why nobody gets this.

The fueling may be right, but the timing may be too high, if it doesn't have the supporting mods, you will have to run very little timing to avoid KR..... Like I had to before my headers

a tune is fuel, timing, and trans

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info