M5 vs. CTSV

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
because the fastest production car around the ring is an import, oh wait.
or how about a sedan that can make it around the ring in less then 8 mins? is it the BMW M5? no, it's a caddy.
silly domestics that can't take a turn worth a shit :mamoru:

i am impressed by these recent advancements, but where were they the last 20 years, eh?

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
because the fastest production car around the ring is an import, oh wait.
or how about a sedan that can make it around the ring in less then 8 mins? is it the BMW M5? no, it's a caddy.
silly domestics that can't take a turn worth a shit :mamoru:

You are comparing a 4 year old M5 to a brand new Caddy, good job. Where was the CTS-V 4 years ago when the M5 was running circles around it at the drag strip and at the road course. See me in 3 years when they release the new m5 with at least 550 hp. Not to mention, the M5 and new CTS-V run identical times at medium length tracks like VIR. Pretty sad that the 4 year old technology in the BMW is keeping up with Chevy's state of the art cadillac.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
You are comparing a 4 year old M5 to a brand new Caddy, good job. Where was the CTS-V 4 years ago when the M5 was running circles around it at the drag strip and at the road course. See me in 3 years when they release the new m5 with at least 550 hp. Not to mention, the M5 and new CTS-V run identical times at medium length tracks like VIR. Pretty sad that the 4 year old technology in the BMW is keeping up with Chevy's state of the art cadillac.

you act like 4 years is forevaaaaah in automotive technology... it's not.

funny thing is that bmw m5 was the benchmark and is now only just "keeping up" to the american...

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
no, bmw will use the cts-v as their benchmark... if they loose again to the caddy, that will very much hurt the M name.

And to be honest, I hope they keep leap frogging each other. we get better cars that way.

no they won't, they'll use the last m5, and then cadillac will use it. what benefit would bmw even have in comparing to the cts-v, if the cts-v is barely beating it anyway?

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
here's my thoughts

first off why people compare a cts and a 5 series is beyond me... IMHO the cts is a 3 series fighter.. not 5 series

if thats the case a new CTS-V destroys a new m3 sedan

for the m5 comparison... when cadillac first came out with the original cts-v, i think they just wanted a little market share, then on the re-design, they took aim to take down the M series cars.

BMW wont be loosing any m5 sales and probably doesnt give 2 shits about a cts-v for that, and they will just look to top Audi and MB top line models.

What they should be worried about is the CTS and CTS-V taking sales away from 3 series cars, and I know they are.

What I think sucks is one of the mags did a compro between the c63, IS-F, and m3 sedan, they should have added the CTS-V in there because i think thats the correct market spot for it

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
cadillac themselves pits it against the m5. not sure why you would against the m3?

e60 m5: 191.1in (L) x 72.7 (W) x 57.8 (H) @ 4090 lbs, 113.7 wheelbase
2g cts-v: 191.6 x 72.5 x 58 @ 4250 lbs, 113.4
e92 m3: 178.2 x 71.5 x 55.9 @ 3726 lbs, 108.7

first car was designed to take aim at bmw, they were benchmarking against the e39 m5.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
because the base cts cars were to go against 3 series i thought in the entry level luxury sport sedan blah blah market lol

meh, the cts-v is around the same price as an m3 sedan give or take which options, i think the bmw starts below but can go up to the same price pimped out vs like 90+k for an m5 which is waaaay above the cts-v price point

then again, good thing they did undercut the price that much if they are competing against the m5

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
because the base cts cars were to go against 3 series i thought in the entry level luxury sport sedan blah blah market lol

meh, the cts-v is around the same price as an m3 sedan give or take which options, i think the bmw starts below but can go up to the same price pimped out vs like 90+k for an m5 which is waaaay above the cts-v price point

then again, good thing they did undercut the price that much if they are competing against the m5

When you get into a 3 series and CTS, that's why you realize the CTS-V should go up against hte M5. The 3 series is a much smaller car than the CTS, hell, in my opinion, the CTS is even bigger than the M5.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
no they won't, they'll use the last m5, and then cadillac will use it. what benefit would bmw even have in comparing to the cts-v, if the cts-v is barely beating it anyway?
are they or are they not going to make a m5 that is better than the cts-v??

yes they will. I know that those m engineers will want to beat the americans in the ring.

good. the m5 gets better, then the caddy gets better.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008

yes they will. I know that those m engineers will want to beat the americans in the ring.

Or so we think. In my opinion, the past 10 years were like the 60s, and the next 10 years are going to be the 70s.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
When you get into a 3 series and CTS, that's why you realize the CTS-V should go up against hte M5. The 3 series is a much smaller car than the CTS, hell, in my opinion, the CTS is even bigger than the M5.

all i can add is that for those cars SEDANS i might add, they are small as fuck... 4 full size adults in a 3 series sedan sucks

cts and 5 series are a little better, but not by much

then again ive never rode in the back seat of my regal, which has no room when i sit in the front seat... like I mean you can have someone my size driving and someone my size sitting behind me without some serious sacrifices by both people :(

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

they are going to try and best the current m5 by some order of magnitude. this will of course jump the cts-v. no direct comparo needed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info