Reload this Page Fun with fabric and glue! 56k = no no.......

Chris @ Capital

Regular
Jul 1, 2008
Fun with fabric and glue! 56k = no no.......

Well as I'm sure a lot of you have heard, this carbon fiber "looking" fabric is being used for a lot of peoples interiors. I wasn't happy with the way a lot of the after market carbon fiber "shell" type pieces fit on the interior so I wanted to give this a shot. I purchased 4 yards of the fabric since I'm not in the least bit crafty with fabric and I figured I would screw up at least half of it.

It turns out the fabric is extremely forgiving and can be stretched to just about any form. It's very easy to work with just takes a little space and time to make it happen. So far I've wrapped my shifter console, center console and center console bin. I'm about to start on the dash cluster and think about where I'm going to go from there. Either way I took some pics and am very willing to help anyone out who might be thinking of doing this. It's a fairly inexpensive mod that is sort of fun to do with a friend or the wife/gf! Anyways enjoy the pics....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

FinalShifter.jpg

Center Console
sidelay1.jpg

middlelay.jpg

centerprecut.jpg

combo1.jpg

Center Console Bin
nicelay.jpg

tray2.jpg

traydone.jpg

Almost done with a little more triming and tucking to do....
brightcombo.jpg

almostdone.jpg

Chris @ Capital

Regular
Jul 1, 2008
Guess my trim ain't so original anymore! Looks real good man.

Turk this so called "mod" started on the BMW boards. It's spreading fast though.
Thanks for the compliments!

isnt there a clear coat spray for it? which makes it REALLY have the carbon fiber look
If you want to do that you could. Once you see it in person you wouldn't want to spray anything on it.

Chris @ Capital

Regular
Jul 1, 2008
id put a clear on it. make it look deeper and look more real then reaching down and feeling that its fabric...

You have to see it in person. Once you do you wouldn't want a clear coat on it, trust me. Also the feel does not feel like fabric. It's smooth to the touch for the most part.

looks very nice. do you know what the name of the fabric is?

No idea, sorry man.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info