PIC-0418.jpg

I've been busy!

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
got those high end tire motor stands huh

Tires FTW :bowrofl:

Does the exhaust pipe going under the oil pan make the oil really hot?

not only does it go under the pan, its infact attached via a bracket to the pan and block at the rear.;

GRANTED the oil pans are retarded thick, and the pickup is all the way to the other side. The motor I pulled today had a Spun #3 bearing from oil starvation :dunno:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
That silver upward bracket is very long and connected to the back of the block joining with the thick black intake manifold bracket. Not the pan.

The 92 automatic I just pulled the bracket attaches to the pan and the Intake mani bracket. Granted the 95 manual I pulled did not.

I fixed it for you. :)

The B18 pan is REALLY sturdy IMO, I damn near dropped that motor out of the integra, and then dragged it 3 yards on concrete with no damage.

I have heard horror stores about people tearing off D-series oil pans on lowered cars.

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
Yeah not familiar with EVERY engine variance, especially automatics, was wondering what motor you were talking about.

Steel pans are sturdy, but take one off or have to drill some holes in one and you see the gauge of metal is normal, nothing beefy though.
People are probably referring to the aluminum pans they switched to in '96. Those shatter on impact, while a steel pan would take the hit and keep on truckin'.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Yeah not familiar with EVERY engine variance, especially automatics, was wondering what motor you were talking about.

Steel pans are sturdy, but take one off or have to drill some holes in one and you see the gauge of metal is normal, nothing beefy though.
People are probably referring to the aluminum pans they switched to in '96. Those shatter on impact, while a steel pan would take the hit and keep on truckin'.

NOT a fan of any D16Y series engine at all, Crappy oil pumps, fragile designs, exploding oil pans, etc...

All the motors in my yard...err... garage, are steel.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info