Need recommendations for a Tiburon

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
My friends got a 04 Tiburon GT and shes looking into modding it since she can't afford the new Camaro SS. I was going to help her but i was wondering if anyone can recommend the best mods, part sites, or other forums to look into things for her. No bashing she really wanted the SS but i kinda talked her out of it b/c she just can't afford it right now w/her house and the car payment. She works at the same place i'm at and her hours were cut aswell.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
My friends got a 04 Tiburon GT and shes looking into modding it since she can't afford the new Camaro SS. I was going to help her but i was wondering if anyone can recommend the best mods, part sites, or other forums to look into things for her. No bashing she really wanted the SS but i kinda talked her out of it b/c she just can't afford it right now w/her house and the car payment. She works at the same place i'm at and her hours were cut aswell.

Is it the 4 or 6? But for either there is the intake, exhaust, tune way of doing it. Make it sound nice (which i think the V6 does) and give a little more power. Other than that there really isn't much to do. S/C are available for the V6 but they only make about 300hp if i remember.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Rodding a Tiberon is a lot like trying to make a fast carb motor with a Rochester. With money, anything is possible...but if you are familiar with the famous Holley "remove and replace" you can see where I'm going with this....

A couple of appearance mods, and/or lightening would be OK...but to get anything from that platform worth writing home about would cost far more than trading in the car for a platform that is already a better performer would be a more prudent position.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
:dancingnaughty: actually, she should trade it in and get a genesis coupe

that was option #1, but then the Camaro SS came into play and replaced it ;)

but as stated in the first post, she has a house to worry about and that comes first. She owes too much on the Tib and would roll over alot thus the options to mod gradually. Atleast to satisfy the mod bug alittle.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Just have her throw on an exhaust. Even though it likely won't help power it will at least make it sound good and satisfy the performance bug for a few weeks. Those V-6s sound pretty good, although they're still slow as balls.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
well she chose this body kit, and i'm trying to find a decent catback got her.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0675&ih=020&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=

She's been looking on ebay for everything, just some of this stuff looks cheap as hell. So i don't exactly want to see her blow her money on garbage if i can help it, but its her car

The rear bumper is ok-ishn but that kit is very rice to me...... if that is what she wants, expect very poor fitment from a $220 body kit

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name

why you hatin on her ride :gtfo2:

Weld in some mufflers for her, put an intake on it, tint, lower it, and some aftermarket wheels. Im sure her wallet will hurt enough to make her not want to mod it anymore.

yeah thats the idea. She's already got the tint, but i'm sketchy on the muffler b/c there aren't any sound clips for most of them. So she(me too, lol) would like to avoid a ricer-fart can as much as possible

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
why you hatin on her ride :gtfo2:

yeah thats the idea. She's already got the tint, but i'm sketchy on the muffler b/c there aren't any sound clips for most of them. So she(me too, lol) would like to avoid a ricer-fart can as much as possible

Just get a magnaflow muffler and weld it in. Straight thru mufflers are what give that shitty rice sound.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info