I need a gauge...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i dont know what tho. i have a hole for one, and need one there, right now, i have only gauges which really interest me, trans temp, boost, and oil pressure... my aem uego wideband will be here this weekend, and i have one more hole for a gauge... i want it to be something that would actually be good to know on my car, without spending 4 million dollars... i was thinking an egt gauge, or oil temp gauge... but i dunno. those are kinda $$$$$ and i dont know if there is something else i should be watching.

any ideas?

so maybe something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Auto...1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

or this...

http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?gid=2516&sid=3

also... any ideas if i went the oil temp route, where or how to mount the sender... short of drilling into my oil pan...

Last edited:

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
lol you silly gp owners need boost gauges ;)

um in all seriousness and for cheaper... i actually found a volts gauge for the car helpful especially for tuning when you have to watch your volts when flashing the pcm and also if you have a sub/system you can watch it and make sure you dont drain your battery to dead

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
atm-5978_w.jpg

E

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
State of Confusion
Real Name
E
Fuel pressure

I've got a fuel pressure gauge which I find helpful.

EGT is basically going to tell you the same thing the wide band will and I would take a FP gauge over an oil temp all day but my car isn't turbo so oil temp doesn't concern me...

Oil temp you could T off the line that feeds the turbo...... But Fuel pressure would be a helpful gauge to have

I'm with these guys. If you have a oil cooler i wouldn't worry about oil temp

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info