Forum Register TCG Mobile Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > The Garage > Automotive Discussions

User Tag List

Like Tree33Likes
  • 2 Post By Yaj Yak
  • 4 Post By Mike K
  • 1 Post By Mike K
  • 1 Post By Mook
  • 4 Post By cmntmxr57
  • 10 Post By hazer
  • 1 Post By hazerg8
  • 6 Post By Mook
  • 2 Post By The Broken Regal
  • 1 Post By wombat
  • 1 Post By nytebyte

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2019, 11:50 AM   #1
BITE BITE, SIP SIP
 
The Broken Regal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Wheaton
Posts: 14,718
Casino cash: $18287850
3.34 per day
Default ATS-V - next car opinions

Anyone on here own or know someone that has or currently owns an ATS-V? I honestly never considered one as I didn't fully know of its capabilities and mod-ability. Thanks to typical GM depreciation and lackluster interior issues/complaints, they can be found regularly in the 30s now for 16s and they were put in the back of the pack in comparison tests due to the interior woes despite having the same or better performance numbers as competitors like the m3/4 and C63 etc.

I just got rid of my GLI that was a daily until I switched jobs and now work from home and my wife and I split a forester XT as our "daily". I'm in no rush at this point, but figured this would be a much better buy than what I originally wanted in a S3, Golf R, m235, type vehicle for similar money. RS3s (was goal, but not anymore) won't be out of the 50s for a couple more years, so why not get a vehicle thats similar in performance for almost half the cost lol.
__________________
Double D Racing: Firing the parts cannon at 3800s since 2009

Racecar - Silver 2000 Buick Regal GS
Daily Driver - 2013 VW Jetta TDI Premium
The Broken Regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:52 AM   #2
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,868
Casino cash: $144279000
19.79 per day
Default

The Broken Regal and GTPpower like this.
__________________
01 525i
01 turbo pricks
13 gas 3500hd cclb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
TCG: We pull vanity fair models in our F150ís because Teslaís are unsafe.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:18 PM   #3
Forum Sponsor
 
Mike K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,791
Casino cash: $46146708
3.11 per day
Default

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...881795597.html

Little bit of a jump up but that's a lot of car for the money.
Mike K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:24 PM   #4
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,868
Casino cash: $144279000
19.79 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...881795597.html

Little bit of a jump up but that's a lot of car for the money.
i saw your post and all i could think was

please be a 5 series
please be a 5 series
please be a 5 series
please be a 5 series
please be a 5 series
please be a 5 series




booom
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:34 PM   #5
Forum Sponsor
 
Mike K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,791
Casino cash: $46146708
3.11 per day
Default

I'm just doing my part to bring people to the dark side.
Yaj Yak likes this.
Mike K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:36 PM   #6
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 159,976
Casino cash: $92300000
36.03 per day
Default

I can direct someone here that owned one. Standby.
The Broken Regal likes this.
__________________
- TCG Owner & Operator -
Mook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:00 PM   #7
Certified Dirty 'Ole Man & GM/Holden Nutswinger
 
cmntmxr57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 9,383
Casino cash: $32940000
2.37 per day
Default

I like all things "V". So I support said choice.
__________________


Cool GM Products
2004 Pontiac GTO - Mods? Yes.
2006 Cadillac STS-V - Mods? Yes.
2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Mods? Yes.
2009 Chevrolet Impala SS - Stock
1999 Chevrolet Suburban - Plow beast

Shitty Chrysler Products
2015 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Platinum Stow-N-Go owns all
2007 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Stow-N-Go owns all
cmntmxr57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:02 PM   #8
hazer
 
hazer's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Casino cash: $
0 per day
Default

I actually have had an ATS-V for 2 years now, its actually for sale at Chicago Motor Cars

As a luxury car the car meets my needs, tons of tech such as Apple Car Play, Lane assist, blind spot monitoring, PDR, 10 speaker AMAZING bose audio, I can remote start the car with my phone, and quite a few more things.

As a car with curb appeal, the car surpasses most other cars. The carbon fiber options and overall styling I would give a solid 8 out of 10.

As a car to daily drive, mine was a coupe, so not the most efficient, but for just me it was perfect. It got anywhere from 22-30mpg and sometimes even more. The V6 really helped out.

As far as performance, where do I begin? 530whp with just intake, downpipe and tune. These things are capable of low 10s which is insane!

So I highly recommend this car to anyone, it's defintiely not a one trick pony like most performance cars. I am a GM fan, and I bought the car because I wanted something turbocharged, and luxurious without spending a ton. I got rid of mine for a Z07, only because a proper vette has been on my list for a while. I see myself in a sedan next time around, with doing just a tune, and corsa exhaust.
  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:13 PM   #9
BITE BITE, SIP SIP
 
The Broken Regal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Wheaton
Posts: 14,718
Casino cash: $18287850
3.34 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazer View Post
I actually have had an ATS-V for 2 years now, its actually for sale at Chicago Motor Cars

As a luxury car the car meets my needs, tons of tech such as Apple Car Play, Lane assist, blind spot monitoring, PDR, 10 speaker AMAZING bose audio, I can remote start the car with my phone, and quite a few more things.

As a car with curb appeal, the car surpasses most other cars. The carbon fiber options and overall styling I would give a solid 8 out of 10.

As a car to daily drive, mine was a coupe, so not the most efficient, but for just me it was perfect. It got anywhere from 22-30mpg and sometimes even more. The V6 really helped out.

As far as performance, where do I begin? 530whp with just intake, downpipe and tune. These things are capable of low 10s which is insane!

So I highly recommend this car to anyone, it's defintiely not a one trick pony like most performance cars. I am a GM fan, and I bought the car because I wanted something turbocharged, and luxurious without spending a ton. I got rid of mine for a Z07, only because a proper vette has been on my list for a while. I see myself in a sedan next time around, with doing just a tune, and corsa exhaust.
LOL no way! thats the car I saw fs that actually had me start going hmmmmmm, seriously thats great

Did you cross shop anything? I'd also prefer the coupe btw. I can't get over the performance value even stock for the money against the german rival cars like the m3/4 and c63, let alone what a few basic mods can do

Did you have any problems with it besides normal maint type stuff?

Thanks for posting up man, and appreciate the link @Mook

edit- also +1 on doing corsa exhaust, sounds the best imho

nice to hear the only reason you got out of it was for an even more superior sports car
The Broken Regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:15 PM   #10
Forum Sponsor
 
hazerg8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 47
Casino cash: $4965000
0.02 per day
Default

the only issues I had were an ignition coil go bad lol, which could have been my fault since I didn't pack them with dielectric grease (according to the dealer its required on these)

I also had a trans valve body replaced under a service bulletin, other than that its

I put 20k on the car since I've owned it, probably the most drama free car ever. Plus mod-for-mod it was dead even with my friend's M4 Comp
The Broken Regal likes this.
__________________
Hassan aka Hazer
LSA Swapped G8 V6 - Learn More

hazerg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:16 PM   #11
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 159,976
Casino cash: $92300000
36.03 per day
Default

Damn, even got him to log in to his actual account
Mook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:23 PM   #12
BITE BITE, SIP SIP
 
The Broken Regal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Wheaton
Posts: 14,718
Casino cash: $18287850
3.34 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazerg8 View Post
the only issues I had were an ignition coil go bad lol, which could have been my fault since I didn't pack them with dielectric grease (according to the dealer its required on these)

I also had a trans valve body replaced under a service bulletin, other than that its

I put 20k on the car since I've owned it, probably the most drama free car ever. Plus mod-for-mod it was dead even with my friend's M4 Comp
now that explains the speed inc tune
ilikemtb999 and hazerg8 like this.
The Broken Regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:22 PM   #13
 
wombat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wood Dale, IL
Posts: 12,506
Casino cash: $5904243
2.90 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...881795597.html

Little bit of a jump up but that's a lot of car for the money.
I want that.
Yaj Yak likes this.
__________________
2014 Ford Focus ST3

Upload your pictures to TCG! See below:
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/foru...o-sharing.html

wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:09 AM   #14
Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
 
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 10,138
Casino cash: $98267300
3.14 per day
Default

I Was kicking myself because I didnít consider the ats-v after the first RS got wrecked. They were right in my ballpark money wise.
__________________
Toy: 1989 Pontiac TransAm GTA | LT1 M6 Swap | Cammed, AFR 195s, LTs, SLP 2otL Catback
Daily Driver: 2017 Focus RS | Frozen White | RS2 Package | 350hp AWD Goodness.


Thirdgen89GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:55 AM   #15
Not Politically Correct
 
nytebyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,368
Casino cash: $38273800
1.31 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat View Post
I want that.
Not if I get it first! That's a good find.
wombat likes this.
nytebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts