ATS-V - next car opinions

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Anyone on here own or know someone that has or currently owns an ATS-V? I honestly never considered one as I didn't fully know of its capabilities and mod-ability. Thanks to typical GM depreciation and lackluster interior issues/complaints, they can be found regularly in the 30s now for 16s and they were put in the back of the pack in comparison tests due to the interior woes despite having the same or better performance numbers as competitors like the m3/4 and C63 etc.

I just got rid of my GLI that was a daily until I switched jobs and now work from home and my wife and I split a forester XT as our "daily". I'm in no rush at this point, but figured this would be a much better buy than what I originally wanted in a S3, Golf R, m235, type vehicle for similar money. RS3s (was goal, but not anymore) won't be out of the 50s for a couple more years, so why not get a vehicle thats similar in performance for almost half the cost lol.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
H

hazer

I actually have had an ATS-V for 2 years now, its actually for sale at Chicago Motor Cars

As a luxury car the car meets my needs, tons of tech such as Apple Car Play, Lane assist, blind spot monitoring, PDR, 10 speaker AMAZING bose audio, I can remote start the car with my phone, and quite a few more things.

As a car with curb appeal, the car surpasses most other cars. The carbon fiber options and overall styling I would give a solid 8 out of 10.

As a car to daily drive, mine was a coupe, so not the most efficient, but for just me it was perfect. It got anywhere from 22-30mpg and sometimes even more. The V6 really helped out.

As far as performance, where do I begin? 530whp with just intake, downpipe and tune. These things are capable of low 10s which is insane!

So I highly recommend this car to anyone, it's defintiely not a one trick pony like most performance cars. I am a GM fan, and I bought the car because I wanted something turbocharged, and luxurious without spending a ton. I got rid of mine for a Z07, only because a proper vette has been on my list for a while. I see myself in a sedan next time around, with doing just a tune, and corsa exhaust.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
I actually have had an ATS-V for 2 years now, its actually for sale at Chicago Motor Cars

As a luxury car the car meets my needs, tons of tech such as Apple Car Play, Lane assist, blind spot monitoring, PDR, 10 speaker AMAZING bose audio, I can remote start the car with my phone, and quite a few more things.

As a car with curb appeal, the car surpasses most other cars. The carbon fiber options and overall styling I would give a solid 8 out of 10.

As a car to daily drive, mine was a coupe, so not the most efficient, but for just me it was perfect. It got anywhere from 22-30mpg and sometimes even more. The V6 really helped out.

As far as performance, where do I begin? 530whp with just intake, downpipe and tune. These things are capable of low 10s which is insane!

So I highly recommend this car to anyone, it's defintiely not a one trick pony like most performance cars. I am a GM fan, and I bought the car because I wanted something turbocharged, and luxurious without spending a ton. I got rid of mine for a Z07, only because a proper vette has been on my list for a while. I see myself in a sedan next time around, with doing just a tune, and corsa exhaust.

LOL no way! thats the car I saw fs that actually had me start going hmmmmmm, seriously thats great

Did you cross shop anything? I'd also prefer the coupe btw. I can't get over the performance value even stock for the money against the german rival cars like the m3/4 and c63, let alone what a few basic mods can do

Did you have any problems with it besides normal maint type stuff?

Thanks for posting up man, and appreciate the link [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION]

edit- also +1 on doing corsa exhaust, sounds the best imho

nice to hear the only reason you got out of it was for an even more superior sports car

hazerg8

Forum Sponsor
Jun 12, 2012
the only issues I had were an ignition coil go bad lol, which could have been my fault since I didn't pack them with dielectric grease (according to the dealer its required on these)

I also had a trans valve body replaced under a service bulletin, other than that its :jg:

I put 20k on the car since I've owned it, probably the most drama free car ever. Plus mod-for-mod it was dead even with my friend's M4 Comp

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
the only issues I had were an ignition coil go bad lol, which could have been my fault since I didn't pack them with dielectric grease (according to the dealer its required on these)

I also had a trans valve body replaced under a service bulletin, other than that its :jg:

I put 20k on the car since I've owned it, probably the most drama free car ever. Plus mod-for-mod it was dead even with my friend's M4 Comp

now that explains the speed inc tune

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info