Lebanon Ford Twin Turbo 2018 Mustang Auto Results

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Lebanon Ford
John Urist
Ken Bjonnes

2018 Lebanon Ford Mustang GT Twin Turbo Auto ran:

10.50 @ 138 mph, 8 lbs boost (setup as when you leave from dealer lot), leaving off idle.

9.74 @ 152 mph w/ 16 lbs boost, upgraded fuel system, leaving off 2000 rpm/foot brake

To point out, you notice wheels / tires though they didnā€™t mention.

Still, a good video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WmegN3jfrzM

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Very impressive. I would have thought they would have gained more off of dealer tune. But still very impressive.
It picked up 14 mph in a 4100 pound car. That isn't a small gain by any means.

It left off boost and cut only a 1.7x 60'. I bet there is a more in it at that power level. As it was the first time out with it. It also probably has small turbos on it. As they said, same kit with bigger turbos made 1700 hp.
They come from the dealer with some sort of aftermarket tune, I think pbd or Lund
Ya, obviously it has a tune for the kit. With 8# of boost it runs well. Being boosted and having PBD tuning, you can turn up the wick as you wish.

That is a killer deal for a $40k car. 152 mph with just a fuel system upgrade and tune. Not that expensive at all.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Sleeper kit is killer but gets stupid expensive once you put some options on it.

Same thing with the 10 speed itself drives the car well over $39,995.

Thats what pisses me off with these. Thats NOT a 39,995 car and id be surprised if thats a base NO option hellion kit.

Ole bait and switch at its finest.

Especially getting sick of vendors claming all these 9 sec times but dont mention the boat load of supporting requirements also.

The S550 platform is getting out of control.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
The sleeper kits require tires and a fuel system for 9ā€™s off a base sleeper kit, hardly a boat load of mods, stock cats probably wonā€™t live very long at that power, but seriously under 50k for a 9 second daily driver car is fucking awesome the auto cost like 1500 bucks more

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Sleeper kit is killer but gets stupid expensive once you put some options on it.

Same thing with the 10 speed itself drives the car well over $39,995.

Thats what pisses me off with these. Thats NOT a 39,995 car and id be surprised if thats a base NO option hellion kit.

Ole bait and switch at its finest.

Especially getting sick of vendors claming all these 9 sec times but dont mention the boat load of supporting requirements also.

The S550 platform is getting out of control.

They said itā€™s the same kit as what comes with the $39,995 car, but they did upgrade the fuel system for this car to run 16 lbs of boost.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
They continue to say it's a 4100lb car, but it's not. It's a 4100lb car with the guy in it, so it's more like a 3900lb car. Does that matter? No, but I thought it was annoying.
[MENTION=917]1quick[/MENTION] do you know about or have that oil pump gear thing they're talking about? Or is that a different generation?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
They continue to say it's a 4100lb car, but it's not. It's a 4100lb car with the guy in it, so it's more like a 3900lb car. Does that matter? No, but I thought it was annoying.
[MENTION=917]1quick[/MENTION] do you know about or have that oil pump gear thing they're talking about? Or is that a different generation?

yeah I think its more overhyped than it should be, ive never done oil pump gears or a crank sprocket on either of my coyotes no issues, supposedly banging the limiter can take them out but i hit the limiter doing burnouts every time, it is probably a good idea but it cost quite a bit to have done and its something I wouldn't want to do myself

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
So much hating on this by petty shit. Yes, they said the car is a 401A optioned car with the auto. They are not hiding anything.

How much is a base auto versus a base manual trans? Probably $1,500 or so? Ok $42k car. Still impressive as anyone who has built one will tell you that cost and labor savings is big. It is a great deal be it a stick or an auto.

Also, they seemed to be pretty open about the car and that day. Some other shops show videos where they show an ET and no other info. Props to them for being transparent.
They said it weighed 4100 pounds with the driver. What's the issue? These cars don't drive on their own, they need a driver. The weight of everything is important to collect data and do calculations on.

What is better claiming it is a 3900 pound car that ran those numbers and not knowing what the driver weighs or how much fuel was in the car?

OR

Knowing the exact weight of the car, including the driver and fuel, right after it made that pass?

When you class race a car you get weighted after the pass. They have minimum weights and verify that. Not just the weight of the car but weight of everything including the driver, fuel, and so on. Not an odd concept at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info