User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2016, 07:34 PM   #1
chris101's Avatar  
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mt. Prospect, IL
Posts: 1,515
 
chris101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mt. Prospect, IL
Posts: 1,515
Casino cash: $8773300
0.41 per day
Default Decent Self Service Junkyards Northern burbs and Chicago?

So we all know about Victory and LQK in Chicago on North avenue but I swear there used to be a self service place in Waukegan on 41 that seems to be gone and I don't feel like driving to Hammond, IN, Summit, IL, Aurora, IL or Blue Island.


Anyone have a good go to?
chris101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:06 PM   #2
Mr. SBF's Avatar
Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Kenosha County
Posts: 3,247
Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
 
Mr. SBF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Kenosha County
Posts: 3,247
Casino cash: $96000
2.08 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris101 View Post
I swear there used to be a self service place in Waukegan on 41 that seems to be gone.


Anyone have a good go to?
The one @41 and rt173 was a Pickn' Pull. They went out of business around 2 years ago. I know there's BC Auto in Zion they are a U pull a part place.

Used Auto Parts | BC Automotive Inc. Used Auto Parts at BC Automotive, find used car and truck parts online

I haven't been there in years but wanted to go check it out sometime. Fill your pockets with fuses and little stuff....
Mr. SBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:52 PM   #3
JerryLSX's Avatar  
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: NWI
Posts: 156
 
JerryLSX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: NWI
Posts: 156
Casino cash: $2465000
0.12 per day
Default

I tend to stay away from self service junkyards. I recommend CarPart .
Easy to use website, and everything is pre pulled. It searches all the local yards for what you're looking for.
Anything specific you need? I know a few guys that focus on parting out certain models.
JerryLSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:25 AM   #4
chris101's Avatar  
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mt. Prospect, IL
Posts: 1,515
 
chris101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mt. Prospect, IL
Posts: 1,515
Casino cash: $8773300
0.41 per day
Default

^ What I want is a front bumper cover assembly for a 1994 Nissan Sentra and the outrageous prices on car-part.com are keeping me away ($100-$250 for a 22 year old car ain't happening)

LQK shows 2 91-94 Sentras (what I need) in Blue Island but that's over an hour drive away and by the time I drive to Peoria, IL (another location listing one for a reasonable $40, I will have spend 6-7 hours driving and easily $35 on fuel and tolls to get there and back )
chris101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:40 AM   #5
JerryLSX's Avatar  
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: NWI
Posts: 156
 
JerryLSX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: NWI
Posts: 156
Casino cash: $2465000
0.12 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris101 View Post
^ What I want is a front bumper cover assembly for a 1994 Nissan Sentra and the outrageous prices on car-part.com are keeping me away ($100-$250 for a 22 year old car ain't happening)

LQK shows 2 91-94 Sentras (what I need) in Blue Island but that's over an hour drive away and by the time I drive to Peoria, IL (another location listing one for a reasonable $40, I will have spend 6-7 hours driving and easily $35 on fuel and tolls to get there and back )
The Pick Your Part in Blue Island isn't bad but don't trust the vehicle inventory. I've gone there before assuming they'll have what I want when I get there the car isn't on the lot.

I checked RockAuto for a bumper cover and they don't carry it, eBay also lists them for $200+. Might be a discontinued part.
JerryLSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:10 AM   #6
rdsnake's Avatar
formerly RD SNAKE
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,519
formerly RD SNAKE
 
rdsnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,519
Casino cash: $18212200
1.12 per day
Default

Certifit bumper cover. Have some jack ass paint it on CL for $100 and be done with it.
__________________
2015 GMC Denali Druamax
-Delete and tuned

2016 Polaris RZR turbo

2017 Civic Touring
rdsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:37 AM   #7
chris101's Avatar  
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mt. Prospect, IL
Posts: 1,515
 
chris101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mt. Prospect, IL
Posts: 1,515
Casino cash: $8773300
0.41 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLSX View Post
The Pick Your Part in Blue Island isn't bad but don't trust the vehicle inventory. I've gone there before assuming they'll have what I want when I get there the car isn't on the lot.

I checked RockAuto for a bumper cover and they don't carry it, eBay also lists them for $200+. Might be a discontinued part.

Actually, the bumper cover is on ebay for $37 brand new but then $138 ship cost (no thanks)

Replacement Front Bumper Cover Replace NI1000120 | eBay


but thanks on the heads up on inventory being off! ..good to know!
chris101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts