Decent Self Service Junkyards Northern burbs and Chicago?

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
I swear there used to be a self service place in Waukegan on 41 that seems to be gone.

Anyone have a good go to?

The one @41 and rt173 was a Pickn' Pull. They went out of business around 2 years ago. I know there's BC Auto in Zion they are a U pull a part place.

Used Auto Parts | BC Automotive Inc. – Used Auto Parts at BC Automotive, find used car and truck parts online

I haven't been there in years but wanted to go check it out sometime. Fill your pockets with fuses and little stuff....:rofl:

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
^ What I want is a front bumper cover assembly for a 1994 Nissan Sentra and the outrageous prices on car-part.com are keeping me away ($100-$250 for a 22 year old car ain't happening)

LQK shows 2 91-94 Sentras (what I need) in Blue Island but that's over an hour drive away and by the time I drive to Peoria, IL (another location listing one for a reasonable $40, I will have spend 6-7 hours driving and easily $35 on fuel and tolls to get there and back :( )

JerryLSX

Regular
Feb 28, 2016
NWI
^ What I want is a front bumper cover assembly for a 1994 Nissan Sentra and the outrageous prices on car-part.com are keeping me away ($100-$250 for a 22 year old car ain't happening)

LQK shows 2 91-94 Sentras (what I need) in Blue Island but that's over an hour drive away and by the time I drive to Peoria, IL (another location listing one for a reasonable $40, I will have spend 6-7 hours driving and easily $35 on fuel and tolls to get there and back :( )

The Pick Your Part in Blue Island isn't bad but don't trust the vehicle inventory. I've gone there before assuming they'll have what I want when I get there the car isn't on the lot.

I checked RockAuto for a bumper cover and they don't carry it, eBay also lists them for $200+. Might be a discontinued part.

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
The Pick Your Part in Blue Island isn't bad but don't trust the vehicle inventory. I've gone there before assuming they'll have what I want when I get there the car isn't on the lot.

I checked RockAuto for a bumper cover and they don't carry it, eBay also lists them for $200+. Might be a discontinued part.

Actually, the bumper cover is on ebay for $37 brand new but then $138 ship cost (no thanks)

Replacement Front Bumper Cover Replace NI1000120 | eBay

but thanks on the heads up on inventory being off! ..good to know!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info