Why does everyone hate the SHO?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
quite honestly i don't hate them, i just think there are better options for the money. to me the front seats feel crammed as fuck and the car feels a fuck ton smaller inside than it should imo.

the car is almost the height of my pickup and almost the length but it feels smaller than a fusion inside.

additionally im unimpressed by the gas mileage... my buddy sees 14-16 or so

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
that's cool.

my best friend's which primarily sees city driveway with some highway mixed in... probably 65/35% city/hwy, sees 14-16 and that seems pretty common.

Review: 2011 Ford Taurus SHO | New and Used Car Reviews, Research & Automotive-Industry News & LeftLaneNews

Only mediocre fuel economy prevents us from declaring this sedan as one of the best road-tripping vehicles on the market. Around town, we struggled to see 16-17 mpg, while highway driving barely mustered 22 mpg, a far cry from the EPA's 25 mpg suggestion. We've seen better real-world numbers out of the more powerful V8-powered Charger R/T. Again, think of this as an EcoBoost.

Read more: Review: 2011 Ford Taurus SHO | New and Used Car Reviews, Research & Automotive-Industry News & LeftLaneNews

if im buying a $20k used car, it's going to get better hwy mpg than my current pickup.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
quite honestly i don't hate them, i just think there are better options for the money. to me the front seats feel crammed as fuck and the car feels a fuck ton smaller inside than it should imo.

the car is almost the height of my pickup and almost the length but it feels smaller than a fusion inside.

additionally im unimpressed by the gas mileage... my buddy sees 14-16 or so

14-16 mpg he needs to go get it checked out ASAP . I've had many demo SHO's and average 19.5-21 mixed driving and not easy on the throttle. I drive a expl sport now and average 18-19 mpg but I'm easy on the sport

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
14-16 mpg he needs to go get it checked out ASAP . I've had many demo SHO's and average 19.5-21 mixed driving and not easy on the throttle. I drive a expl sport now and average 18-19 mpg but I'm easy on the sport

:rofl: it's been in and out of the dealer... they also say the same. it's about right for primarily city driving.

i love internet forum mpg dreams. :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I get ~20mpg. Feel free to stick your head in the window to confirm whenever you see the truck.

Stick that in yer internet crack pipe and smoke it.

id rather meet at a gas station, fill the trucks up full, go on a 100 mile drive to another gas station, stop for lunch and beer on the way twice and then finish at a gas station and see what they shut off at.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info