Real Name
Mike
Dat Z/28 :eek3:

DdLDi6N.jpg

VTWEAaf.jpg

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Damn! The Z28 doesn't have anywhere near the peak speed of anything in front or behind it. That's really impressive. Probably an awesome short track car. What a waste in a way though, more power and it could've easily been a few spots up.

Vsport held its own well in its class. Quit fucking around GM and bring out the damn V already.

Edit: the more I think about it, it seems nuts! GM built a Camaro that runs dead on with Ferrari. WTF and to add insult to injury, it's named a berlineta. One of the ugliest 3rd gens evar. lol Why no GT500's?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The E63's time is really impressive for a big sedan. I am also interested to see what the Z06 can do next year.

Also, I read that VIR was recently repaved and the new track surface is fast so comparing times to last year is tough.

1. The work done at VIR was repaving and widening to make it a faster track, so times this year are not comparable to prior years since they make current times faster than it should be: IMSA | TUDOR United SportsCar Championship | VIR Repaving Offers A Faster, Level Playing Field
  2. According to this thread on a Corvette forum, the faster cars at a NASA event were running about 2 seconds quicker per lap than in prior years:
    C&D Lightning Lap C7 Z51 and Z28 at VIR - Corvette Forum
    this means in reality, the M4 got around 2-2.5 seconds faster than the outgoing e9X M3 in a 4.1 mile course :rofl:
  3. comparison to past year results are pretty much meaningless at this point due to the new repaving and configuration :hsd:

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
  1. The work done at VIR was repaving and widening to make it a faster track, so times this year are not comparable to prior years since they make current times faster than it should be: IMSA | TUDOR United SportsCar Championship | VIR Repaving Offers A Faster, Level Playing Field
  2. According to this thread on a Corvette forum, the faster cars at a NASA event were running about 2 seconds quicker per lap than in prior years:
    C&D Lightning Lap C7 Z51 and Z28 at VIR - Corvette Forum
    this means in reality, the M4 got around 2-2.5 seconds faster than the outgoing e9X M3 in a 4.1 mile course :rofl:
  3. comparison to past year results are pretty much meaningless at this point due to the new repaving and configuration :hsd:

No shit? Well the r8 V10 plus is a fucking joke then, I think there's something wrong with that transmission. It's slower than a standard v10 on the ring, and was marginally faster here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info