great post on CTS-V forum

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Quote Originally Posted by Texaschris View Post

We all know the sickness exists......we all _know_ this. We've experienced it.

We've seen our friends and loved one's lose time. We've seen them forget what day/month/year it is. We've seen them lose track of huge dollar amounts because "moar." We've seen them self justify and rationalize...tell you they're being responsible...that this is the last time.....only to see a mountain of fed ex boxes on their doorstep the next morning.

If you ask "how much" they'll tell you....how much they spent the last month/week/yesterday. It's how the cycle becomes ingrained. Post facto justification. They use an amount of time small enough to make the total acceptable. It's how they hide the "sickness" from us......it's how they hide the demons from themselves.

We've seen them promise and plead time and time again....."this is it.....I'm fine with XXX RWHP...this is a reliability build" only to get the text/phone later in the day: "She made X,XXX at the wheels....@ only 15* ...."

We've seen them up for days at a time. Wandering around the house at 3am with greasy fingernails....eating peanut butter from a spoon. We've seen them sleeping under their cars: "just needed to visualize the hot-side for minute" they'll say. Stumbling through their lives with that far away look in their hollow eyes mumbling about flow rates, volumetric efficiency and injector cycles to anyone who will listen. Unshaven, unshowered and unkempt....but always 5 minutes earlier than everyone else.

Hotroddingtons disease can be heart breaking and tragic. It changes people permanently...it can't be ignored any longer.

It's up to us to help each other.

With that said....I think Endz needs our help....I submit the following as evidence of a terminal case. Bold emphasis is my own.

On 12-20-2013 he clearly stated that it would be a years time before the next round....

On 12-26-2013 he clearly re-emphasized this sentiment....only this time with a psychotic smiley face punctuating the statement.

On 1-15-2014 a cohort by the name of "mike@newera" who is clearly recognizable as an enabler at this point, gave us evidence that we are not the only people who have been told "next year...."

On 1-17-2014 ends then made the following comment.....

I note two things immediately....1.) He has already lost an entire years worth of time. 2.) the psychotic smile is back.

Those 2 observations coupled with the following quote:

I can only assume the following.....we're looking at a terminal case:

- He can't even write the total cost down. Even laughing at evidence of the disease.
- He has lost an entire year in the last 28 days

I've never seen a case this bad. A year lost in 28 days is unprecedented. He's to far gone to even dream of finding a cure........our only hope at this point is management.

Now the afflicted can be dangerous but they are predictable.

I urge all of those close to our good friend and compatriot Endz to take the following 5 measures.

1. Keep peanut butter and a spoon on the counter at all times unless you want greasy fingerprints all over the kitchen.
2. Keep a pillow under his car, otherwise he won't sleep.
3. Keep the porch clear, a missed delivery on account of nowhere to leave the turbos/heads/exhaust can result in further lost time/money.
4. Throw away all his hot rod catalogs except one. Laminate the only remaining catalog and tie it to the shower head. When he inevitably makes his way into the shower to satisfy his lust for "moar" turn the water on. It won't matter if it's hot or cold...he won't notice. But those he works with will appreciate you.

And most importantly:

5. To get him to open his bank statements you'll need to disguise them by writing "free horsepower giveaway coupons" on the envelopes. If he gets wise to this you may need to get creative. "Private lap dance from Victoria's Secret Angels: Details inside" has been known to work in the past.....as well as "Free tires for life, seriously this time."

It's a thankless job.....but it's his only hope and remember: You can turn your back on the person....but you can't turn your back on the disease.

Good luck, and Godspeed.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
That thread delivers!

lydia371_zpsd69c309a.jpg

lydia373_zpsbd09a8f7.jpg

lydia372_zpsc9db4252.jpg

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Yep, coolest thing I read all day. the Hot Rod addiction.....the Women can't get enough..
hell, just last night my wife was telling me to stay away from the drag strip because we do not want to blow another motor right?!?!?!

WRONG, Daddy wants to go Faster, & BLOW AWAY THE ISF..... sorry, I got off the subject a bit

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info