Bought my first dealer car...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Well, technically not a dealer car because I don't have my license yet but one to flip. I found a guy with a one man operation who had a car I thought I could flip, contacted him, went to see the car, made a deal and ended up wedging my way into another deal with him.

One of the requirements to having a retailers license is that you need to have your own storefront with 2 dedicated display spots. I didn't want the hassle or the overhead and so I was hoping to find a way around that and to do that I'd need to get a wholesaler's license which means I can't sell direct to the public. I can only sell to dealers. So I'd have to align myself with a dealer which would show my car, list it, let people drive it, etc and then when it sells they take possession of it and then sell it to the customer.

So I met this guy, made a deal on the car (2007 A8L with every option), talked shop with him for about a half hour and then floated the idea to him. He was stoked... I met him at an auction and he was telling me about the process and said he'd take me in and show me the ropes.

So I'm stoked... I got my retail outlet, can have a no maintenance wholesalers license and that S8 I was looking at, sold at that same auction a few weeks earlier for an unbelievably low price (something like 12k).

I'll update this thread as I buy and sell and report what I learn.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• M
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list