Invisible Bike Helmet

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
A couple women in Sweden have developed an airbag helmet that you wear like a collar around your neck. When the collar determines a crash is in progress, it inflates the helmet protecting your head from impacts.

So far, it's expensive ($600) and only works once. If they get the price down, it may be a big seller. I wonder if, down the road, this idea can also be used for motorcycle riders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3S62ZtyiRg

Yahoo!

25828338-27a8-4dcc-bad3-47328c837636_ku-bigpic.jpg

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Next thing you know they're going to try and make body suits out of it.

I wonder what material it's made out of because if you slide on the pavement might rip it to shit and let it deflate and become useless.

Oh nevermind it isn't being discussed as being use for motorcycles yet so that last point is less likely to happen. Unless maybe a bike racer or something?

rafa

Mar 26, 2012
$600 is on par with good motorcycle helmets.
Regular helmets are suppose to be one use only, if you crash you shouldnt use it again, but people do.

The idea is kinda cool, but it wont protect if you crash face first, and doesnt protect your eyes and face when just riding (rocks can hurt a lot)

Some high end suits have had this for a couple of years.
Dainese airbag suit for 2010 - YouTube

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info