Fun small cars

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
This is something I've been thinking about lately and the crew here on TCG is diverse enough to render some interesting answers. IOW, its not like the Corvette Forum where everyone is focused on one car. Nothing wrong w that, but variety is the spice of life right?
So one of the funnest cars I've owned was a 1981 Scirocco S. Really a blast to drive. Especially in city driving. Threaded its way thru traffic nicely.
Anyway, I thought of some more current cars like that I would like to own.
The Acura RSX TypeS comes to mind. A V6 Corrado, SVT Focus. So just throwing it out there. If you were looking to recreate the nimbleness of the Scirocco, sort of a larger go kart, what car would you be looking at?
Discuss amongst yourselves..

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
my 05 rsx type-s is a blast to drive. it's somewhat quick and you can throw it into turns, but its also a comfortable quiet ride.

i've also got this for when i want to go go-karting :s00ls:
20130329_165750.jpg

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
my 05 rsx type-s is a blast to drive. it's somewhat quick and you can throw it into turns, but its also a comfortable quiet ride.

i've also got this for when i want to go go-karting :s00ls:
20130329_165750.jpg

I've never driven an RSX but that would be my initial thought about it. it looks like a blast to drive. Quick, small, nimble
I've driven a Plain Jane Neon, and I appreciate the power in an SRT-4, but how different could it be? Ok so it's got more balls to it. How integrated is the package?

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
I've never driven an RSX but that would be my initial thought about it. it looks like a blast to drive. Quick, small, nimble
I've driven a Plain Jane Neon, and I appreciate the power in an SRT-4, but how different could it be? Ok so it's got more balls to it. How integrated is the package?

you got it. you get honda reliability and acura fit and finish. great car, it's hard to find one that hasnt had the snot beat out of it though.
the srt-4 is a plain jane neon on the inside with a lot more power. still alot of fun to drive though :dunno:

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
135i msportwith a 6speed is a ton of fun and can be had for about 20-25k used. Love mine :)

Sure for new car those seem ok. You want something older and pretty cheap. That will walk that 135i(Yes I know you can easily mod them to :) ). Best little car I had was a Porsche 944 turbo. Thing was running 16lPSI and handled like it was on rails. You can pickup a nicely modded one for 7k.

photo_3_zps48eceafe.jpg

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
Sure for new car those seem ok. You want something older and pretty cheap. That will walk that 135i(Yes I know you can easily mod them to :) ). Best little car I had was a Porsche 944 turbo. Thing was running 16lPSI and handled like it was on rails. You can pickup a nicely modded one for 7k.

photo_3_zps48eceafe.jpg

Drove one of these, not a Turbo, but I completely agree. BTW, not sure how many of you had the opportunity but I drove a Fiat X1/9. Talk about driving on rails.
Another thought was the Civic Si.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
New car? Fiesta ST. People say its even more tossable than the Focus ST, and the Focus pretty much goes where-ever the hell you want it to in a tail happy fashion.

Old car? Gotta agree with the 944 there. I want one bad, but don't have time for one as a project.

The Miata is always a contender for the small car thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info