Turk - R8 wheels plastidipped gloss black.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
No I ignored it because powdercoating a wheel would never warp it. LOL.

Hahahahaha....ok Zack. I have had probably 5 sets of wheels powder coated. 2 of those sets were warped and had to be replaced by the coater. And all of them all took much more weight after the powder coat than OEM to get them to balance. Also they all needed roadforcing to accomplish this. This is also 3 different powder coaters over the last few years. It does happen. Trust me. Furthermore why wouldnt you want to use a process that is reversible and guarantied not to harm any part of said expensive car. Especially if you are not sold on the idea of having perm. black wheels. Its a no brainer for most....

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I honestly do not see the issue with plasti-dipping. If he takes his time it will turn out really nice and be super cheap. He also has the added benefit of going back to the polished wheels when he gets sick of the gloss black with really no costs. Seems like a win-win to me. Just because he bought a $100K+ car does not mean he needs to spend shitloads of money on everything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info