where to get a vw tuned

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land
Uni is probably the best software but Mobile 1 sucks. I went there for years but he dicked me over bad a few times and acted like it was my fault. Overall treats his customers like their stupid most of the time. Wouldn't recommend them. Autobarn is pretty good but I thought they did GIAC software which is pretty good but maybe they switched to apr now. Id also check out Malone Tuning Ltd. « I've heard great things. They can send you a flashloader.

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
Uni is probably the best software but Mobile 1 sucks. I went there for years but he dicked me over bad a few times and acted like it was my fault. Overall treats his customers like their stupid most of the time. Wouldn't recommend them. Autobarn is pretty good but I thought they did GIAC software which is pretty good but maybe they switched to apr now. Id also check out Malone Tuning Ltd. « I've heard great things. They can send you a flashloader.

Autobarn is now all APR. I have an APR tune and it works. I went to GRD but I wouldn't recommend anyone go there ever.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I ended up going to GRD and have no issues with my APR tune. Bill Jacobs wanted to charge an extra $100 labor for the same process.

APR typically has seasonal specials where you can get a fully loaded tune (ability to switch between stock, 91, 93, valet, clear fault codes) for a lower than regular price.

It's not a difficult process, so any shop that can do it cheapest really can't screw it up...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info