Should I trade the Honda for a BMW?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I have had the Accord for almost 2 years now so I have the itch to get something different even though the Accord is like new with only 37,000 miles. I am somewhat interested in a 4 door 3 series BMW but I know nothing about these cars and I know there are a few BMW people on the board. A quick cars.com search up to $15000 gives me up to on average 06 with 70,000 miles and that is less then my trade in for the Accord. I have nothing wronf with my Accord, I actually like the car, but I have car ADD.

Learn me about 3 series BMW
Bad or good idea to trade off the Honda
Honda is worth about 16K ish on trade
Dont know if it is worth it to go too an older car with more miles
Dont really want to raise montly payment
And go

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I loved my BMW. At one point I owned 2 luxury sports cars (m3 and s4) which was cool for awhile, but I've decided now I'd rather have 1 ridiculous car (exotic/super car) and one true DD (honda civic). BMW makes awesome cars, just not for me at this point in my life. When I have a wife and kids I'll definitely take a look at M cars again, but probably not until then.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I'm not sure I'd want most BMWs that you can get for 15k. You're looking at a higher mileage 3 series which is going to command more attention than an Accord. Since you do your own work (or I imagine you do) this wouldn't be as big of a deal as it would be for someone else but still. A daily driver is nice because you get in it, turn the key and it goes. No fuss.

I'd stay with the Accord.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info