Cadillac CTS or Mercedes C300 Sport?

ITL Cobra

Regular
Jan 31, 2007
I am looking to get into a new DD, and have been looking at either a Cadillac CTS or Mercedes C300 Sport. I like the way the CTS looks but I also like the C300 sport. The 2012 C300 has a lot of the features I want, for a better price, but it is the entry level benz, and the CTS well it is a GM product and the quality isn't really there....

Anyone have any experience with either??

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
The C-Class doesn't feel like a bottom dollar cheap Benz after the 2012 interior update. The 2012 C-Class got a significant interior redesign in 2012. 2011 and earlier models were about on par or worse the CTS interior quality in some areas but post-2012s are much nicer inside. The CTS is larger than the C-Class on the inside, though. Not sure if that's a factor for you, but there's less cargo and backseat room in the MB.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
the only thing i live by is i live in the US i by US

CoolStoryBro.jpg

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
the only thing i live by is i live in the US i by US

You do know the Toyota Camry is the most "American made" car on the road right? The argument "buy American" is complete bullshit. Most of GM's money is going to China even after US taxpayers gave them a $49 billion handout to fix their fuck ups.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Turk is spot on. Buy used even if you need to wait a year to get the car you want. The CTS is a nice car but the interiors still feel like a nice'd up Chevy. I'd compare the CTS interior with the new 300 which is awesome for what it is but still not on par with the German counterparts.

tmbutitta

TCG Elite Member
Feb 16, 2010
Rockford
I had the same dilemma a few years ago..

the cts was just way to cheap feeling. ride was more luxurious then the mb, but i couldnt stand being in the drivers seat. I opted for the c280 sport at the time - which was like 4 years ago. the benz looked better, handled better, had a few more options, and overall was just a lot funner to drive... it was a 6sp manual

a year later i traded up to a 4-matic tho..

my only regret was not sticking with bmw.. lost my ass on both mercedes..

now i have a 535xi, and wish i got the 5 series in the beginning.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
For the money, c300 all day long, the 2012s are really nice with the redesign. I worked for MB and drove them all day every day. The dealers will be selling their loaner fleets (1 year/less than 15k and certified).

I would recommend CPO, better than a factor warranty and can push it further than the standard 5yr/100k

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
You do know the Toyota Camry is the most "American made" car on the road right? The argument "buy American" is complete bullshit. Most of GM's money is going to China even after US taxpayers gave them a $49 billion handout to fix their fuck ups.

:werd:

I'll drive my made in USA Ohio built Accord into the ground with less problems then a Mexican, Chinese, Canadan, junk ass GM

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info