ABS Delete + Brake Circuit help

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Here is the diagram for the brakes on my E36 BMW:

ABSDiagram.jpg

I don't own a caliper, but they all look to be 3/16's line, and I assume the way it is supposed to function is:

Rear Master line (M10X1.0 Bubble fitting/lines) applies stopping force to front pass side, and rear driver side (Can only guess ATM, car is low, and I'm out of light, but they would all be the M10 size connectors)

And then Front Master line (M12X1.0 Bubble fitting/lines) handles the front driver side, and rear pass side.

Not much help from the BMW community because most ABS delete and swapped cars are pre 95 and just have 3 channel instead of 4 channel ABS like mine

So this brings up a few issues:

#1, Proportioning valve, Would I technically need two since my car had a 4 channel system? I'd imagine I can just buy a 'set' prop valve, but with a bubble fitting, I'm not sure how hard that may be to find...

#2, Anyone aware of a good supplier of brake components local outside of Autozone/Advanced that has a good assortment of metric bubble hardware?

#3, I'm not aware of any way to 'make' Bubble connector lines, but I also don't want to replace EVERYTHING, so I may run some 'conversion' lines (M10/M12 to Inverted flare fittings) and then to two respective T's if I can't find any other easy supply

#4 Any other input? Is braking 50/50 dangerous in a car this light/powerful? It really isn't eligible for any class, so a set prop valve would be fine by me if it is a more cost-effective option, what is an ideal 'ratio' for a car with a 54/46 or better weight distro that's under 3000lbs? Or how/where would I research it?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
If I think correctly the two lines from the MS should be front and rear. The pump just channels them to each corner. I think most non abs systems like Brians 91 GP have 4 lines out of the master. But when you get into old cars they just T off from right to left and have a 2 line master

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Completed the system last night, everything sealed up perfectly, and the brakes work enough to hold the car still without having fully bled the system yet:

fdeb29fc.jpg

Managed to get away without having to cut or 'make' a single line.

Used an M10 to Standard flare line and M12 to standard flare line off the master, each to standard Tee's.

Off of each Tee was a standard to M10 or M12 line which then had a connector to the matching OEM line.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Dasfinc
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list