Got my M-Class today!

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Woot!

Cliffs: Test was easy as pie! (except the cone weave) and I WILL still take an MSF as soon as I can.

I'm signed up for an MSF Course in June, but it severly conflicts with my summer school schedule, and I didn't want to miss class for it. Was talking to my younger brother who made a valid argument: "what happens if you just take the road test and fail?" Well some quick referencing to the SoS website and the answer is: Nothing. Not a damn thing. You pay 10 bucks for your permit, which I've had since last June, and that permit entitles you to 3 attempts at the road test before you have to pay another 10 bucks. Fail miserably, you don't lose the permit lol. There also is no max attempts at the test!

So I went to the DMV, yeah I rode the bike there, they seemed pretty used to that lol, and took the test. My top heavy, stiff clutch, crotch rocket, did NOT like the cone weave... i had 3 "foot downs" during that which racked up 8 points (somehow, not really sure what 8 divided by 3 comes to, but w/e :nuts: ) and then aced the rest of the test with no infractions. 8/11 is passing according to the SoS!

SO, don't be as afraid of the test as everyone keeps saying, it's quite easy. I WILL be taking an MSF as soon as I can find one that doesn't interfere with school (I'm willing to miss work for it, but I find school rather important) just because I am well aware of the fact that there is plenty more for me to learn about riding safely.

Stay safe out there ladies and gentlemen!

Hubbard 0

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
I showed up on my bike to take the test too. I don't think I even thought about the fact that I shouldn't be there alone in the first place.

The weave is for sure the hardest part, I hit a cone or two and put a foot down. I barely passed though, 10 points or maybe even 11. I think the guy mercy passed me since I was on an R1.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Congrats. The cone weave was easy for me, but I had issues with the u turns. I also "rode the line" on the final turn. I felt I didn't along with the other guys in the class, but Ohh well. I'll be taking it again.

After taking the MSF class, walk ins were abundant. You have a good chance at walking in. Just get there 30 minutes early.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.