Got my M-Class today!

Burtonrider10022

Reaction score
Woot!

Cliffs: Test was easy as pie! (except the cone weave) and I WILL still take an MSF as soon as I can.

I'm signed up for an MSF Course in June, but it severly conflicts with my summer school schedule, and I didn't want to miss class for it. Was talking to my younger brother who made a valid argument: "what happens if you just take the road test and fail?" Well some quick referencing to the SoS website and the answer is: Nothing. Not a damn thing. You pay 10 bucks for your permit, which I've had since last June, and that permit entitles you to 3 attempts at the road test before you have to pay another 10 bucks. Fail miserably, you don't lose the permit lol. There also is no max attempts at the test!

So I went to the DMV, yeah I rode the bike there, they seemed pretty used to that lol, and took the test. My top heavy, stiff clutch, crotch rocket, did NOT like the cone weave... i had 3 "foot downs" during that which racked up 8 points (somehow, not really sure what 8 divided by 3 comes to, but w/e :nuts: ) and then aced the rest of the test with no infractions. 8/11 is passing according to the SoS!

SO, don't be as afraid of the test as everyone keeps saying, it's quite easy. I WILL be taking an MSF as soon as I can find one that doesn't interfere with school (I'm willing to miss work for it, but I find school rather important) just because I am well aware of the fact that there is plenty more for me to learn about riding safely.

Stay safe out there ladies and gentlemen!

EmersonHart13

AKA Emerballs & Emerstaxxx
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah the test is not so bad, you take the same one at MSF... It just way easier on a small light bike. Good job!

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
Reaction score
Congrats man and on that bike, not bad.
When I took mine I used my uncles Honda scooter. It was like riding a bicycle through the course.

Hubbard 0

Reaction score
I showed up on my bike to take the test too. I don't think I even thought about the fact that I shouldn't be there alone in the first place.

The weave is for sure the hardest part, I hit a cone or two and put a foot down. I barely passed though, 10 points or maybe even 11. I think the guy mercy passed me since I was on an R1.

KAR

Rip Riski
Reaction score
Congrats!!!

I took it on my stretched out zrx, axle to axles it was 69"s.
I put my foot down once at the end of weaving through the cones, and nicked a cone on the weave brake maneuver.

Mr Baytchos

Reaction score
Nice! Took mine on the fz1. Put 1 foot down at the end of the cones. Then i stopped too soon during the panic stop. Wasn't in the scoring zone. 4 points for me.

Frank Dukes

Reaction score
they will definitely mercy pass people if they feel they are capapble. the test is very odd in its scoring and just things they make you do in general.. i found it silly other than the avoidance of things on the road.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Congrats. The cone weave was easy for me, but I had issues with the u turns. I also "rode the line" on the final turn. I felt I didn't along with the other guys in the class, but Ohh well. I'll be taking it again.

After taking the MSF class, walk ins were abundant. You have a good chance at walking in. Just get there 30 minutes early.

Terminator-Fox

Two Dollars
Reaction score
Got any pics of your bike OP? I love old school FZR's. My dad had a 90 FZR 400, 92 FZR 600 and currently has a 97 YZF 750R I'm supposedly inheriting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom