Thinking of something wild...

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
Sounds expensive. Probably cheaper to just trade in for the turbo velostar

Maybe, but i test drove the veloster and i actually didn't like it much. I mean the car is cool as hell but there were ASSLOADS of blind spots that i didn't like. Dunno, it was short trip. Fuckin salesman was a douche. It was just a thought bc i like the car for what it is, just needs a little more pep.

Wait for the Elantra GT turbo.

May look into that! My mom works at a Hyundai dealer now. Of course after i bought mine. I wanted 6spd manual Elantra from the get go, but no one at the time had a manual. And then i drove the accent and liked it :dunno:

I'm just tossing it around, have to see the price of the stuff in time after they're out for a bit. The drivetrain is the same pretty much in the veloster/accent/Elantra.

I will upgrade in a bit after i take care of my bills when the truck goes. I bought this car around my little family at the time, and the gas mileage sold me. Especially coming from the truck. But their turbo cars are becoming efficient as hell and tempting!

I mean the veloster turbo loses, what 1-2mpg both city/highway of the n/a version?

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
They haven't announced anything about a turbo GT but it would be a cool little four-door hatch.

I did a little search on the Elantra GT and it looks like its still the exact same powertrain.

Turbo Sonata moves the fuck out

274hp, if I read it right in my 2600# would be badass. But I would tear all kinds of shit up :rofl:

I was just thinking the 1.6t in the veloster bc everything should bolt right up. But it may not be worth spending the money/voiding the warranty for 60hp. It was just a thought, and a nice little sleeper ;)

But that 2.0t would be SICK!

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
You'd also probably have a tough time selling or trading the car for a decent price of even a stock Accent whenever you decide it's time to move on. I'd say if your Accent was a salvage car and you got it for a steal, then go ahead and get a little wild and crazy. But otherwise, you're better off sticking to mild bolt-ons that you can reverse.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.