Thinking of something wild...

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
I can't help but think about swapping in the veloster turbo drivetrain in the accent in time...

I've only had this thing for almost 7mo :rofl:

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Sounds expensive. Probably cheaper to just trade in for the turbo velostar

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Wait for the Elantra GT turbo.

OP
Smokinhot

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Sounds expensive. Probably cheaper to just trade in for the turbo velostar
Maybe, but i test drove the veloster and i actually didn't like it much. I mean the car is cool as hell but there were ASSLOADS of blind spots that i didn't like. Dunno, it was short trip. Fuckin salesman was a douche. It was just a thought bc i like the car for what it is, just needs a little more pep.

Wait for the Elantra GT turbo.
May look into that! My mom works at a Hyundai dealer now. Of course after i bought mine. I wanted 6spd manual Elantra from the get go, but no one at the time had a manual. And then i drove the accent and liked it :dunno:

I'm just tossing it around, have to see the price of the stuff in time after they're out for a bit. The drivetrain is the same pretty much in the veloster/accent/Elantra.

I will upgrade in a bit after i take care of my bills when the truck goes. I bought this car around my little family at the time, and the gas mileage sold me. Especially coming from the truck. But their turbo cars are becoming efficient as hell and tempting!

I mean the veloster turbo loses, what 1-2mpg both city/highway of the n/a version?

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
May look into that! My mom works at a Hyundai dealer now.
They haven't announced anything about a turbo GT but it would be a cool little four-door hatch.

OP
Smokinhot

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
They haven't announced anything about a turbo GT but it would be a cool little four-door hatch.
I did a little search on the Elantra GT and it looks like its still the exact same powertrain.

Turbo Sonata moves the fuck out
274hp, if I read it right in my 2600# would be badass. But I would tear all kinds of shit up :rofl:

I was just thinking the 1.6t in the veloster bc everything should bolt right up. But it may not be worth spending the money/voiding the warranty for 60hp. It was just a thought, and a nice little sleeper ;)

But that 2.0t would be SICK!

OP
Smokinhot

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Apparently there is a diesel engine in this car too, but OF COURSE not in North America :fu:

Supposedly its around 126hp/191tq and gets around 53mpg

Dan00Hawk

Reaction score
You'd also probably have a tough time selling or trading the car for a decent price of even a stock Accent whenever you decide it's time to move on. I'd say if your Accent was a salvage car and you got it for a steal, then go ahead and get a little wild and crazy. But otherwise, you're better off sticking to mild bolt-ons that you can reverse.

OP
Smokinhot

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
lol, yea I know. Just had that in my head and thought it'd be cool. That diesel would be sweet w/some mods though

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
im still waiting for the turbo veloster to come out.... i test drove a loaded standard one and if it wasn't so goddamn slow i would have bought it right then and there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom