took pics of a MPV i did yesterday.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
he dropped this off saturday night, i did it yesterday, he's supposed to pick it up tonight.

no before shots. interior really didn't need much work. needs a good carpet shampooing but i don't have a machine so i couldn't do it. pics are from today.
DSC00090.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

DSC00095.jpg

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00097.jpg

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
i see some pumpkins back there. best get to carvin.
i was thinking a sools pumpkin a few weeks back but then you guys st0la ma idea.

reminds me that I should have waxed last weekend
i used a product on this i've never used on any other car previously, it's called "LIQUID GLASS" - it's a synthetic sealant. I liked how it went on a lot more versus your average carnauba wax, even if it's a $20 can of mother's. Average wax only lasts for up to 30 days in normal day to day driving. A few coats of a synthetic sealant like this will last you up to six months.

If you wanna try it, like i said, it's called LIQUID glass. Usually $18-$22 for a 16oz can of it that will do 3-5 cars with 2-3 layers. That's what I hear people have gotten out of one can anyhow.

It'd be best to use dish soap to wash, then clay your paint..then wash, and then apply this to the paint.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
sOOls, I like how you show these white cars you detail. You can hose off a white car and it would look good. No carpet machine is no excuse not to even try to clean someones carpet. Sounds to be like you just did a half ass job, and didn't want to take the time or energy todo the job right. Did you use your beach towel to dry it off? :rollpicard:

Slider

Regular
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
You should do some direct sunlight shots before and after for example like this (not my work, http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-de...486-dsms-detail-mr2-turbo-swirly-revival.html)

DSC05800.jpg

and after

DSC05816.jpg

This way you can really see if you got the swirls out and people can tell a lot more about the car's paint and your work. It will be better for you especially if you're trying to advertise your work. From your pictures, all I can tell is that the car has been washed.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
euro, i took about an hour just claying this down when i did it on sunday. i took about 20 minutes to fully wash it, and did a quick job of it.

syp, the only "beach towel" i dry my cars with is a damp terry towel.

unclarry, no fucking clue. i met him at one of gary kouba's detailing seminars at the end of september. me and gary were talking and the guy asked if i detailed cars since i sounded intelligent about it. i said "i am just starting out so i'm learning but i know a lot of the basics.. still learning, why?"

'well i have a few cars that need a little TLC, i have one here you might be able to take a look at?' i told him ' i live 50 miles from here but okay. '

he saw my car, and asked when he could get one of this two mpv's to me. the one he brought me was his wife's, and he's got another one exactly like this, sans a moon roof. he brought me the van on saturday night, and couldn't pick it up on sunday. so he picked it up last night. once he saw the difference, he said "i'm bringing the rest of my cars to you." his wife really liked it too.

i'm working on getting a good DA buffer (more than likely a porter cable) and pads, and polishes and etc, and learning how to do the work, but to get there, i need monies. i'm also gonna talk to ktraver sooner or later and ask if he could show me how to use said products / tools so i don't damage anyone's paint. i have been reading and reading and reading up about detailing because i think it's something i'd be really good with.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
You should do some direct sunlight shots before and after for example like this (not my work, http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-de...486-dsms-detail-mr2-turbo-swirly-revival.html)

(pic)
and after
(pic)

This way you can really see if you got the swirls out and people can tell a lot more about the car's paint and your work. It will be better for you especially if you're trying to advertise your work. From your pictures, all I can tell is that the car has been washed.
i read quite a bit on autopia.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
With my car, previous owner or the dealership buffed the paint... burnt the paint in at least one or two places on the spoiler and left a shitload of swirl marks all over the car...

there is also touch up paint on hood and doors... the wrong color touch up paint...

I think instead of a orbital buffer i'd use a angle grinder. Make sure i work the shit in real good.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Getting an orbital buffer would be sweet. Learning how to use buffing compounds scares the shit out of me though.
i will get a hood or a door or something from the junkyard with a deep metallic color to try and practice on. i think it'd be perfect. if i fuck it up, it's not on any cars. good idea? bad ? it scares me too, a bit.

liquid glass... seriously?
what's the problem here sir ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info