Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
20_09golfvw_450op.jpg

Volkswagen's high-performance plans for the new Golf will spawn three new models, beginning with the new 210 hp GTI set to debut in Paris and go on sale in the middle of 2009. According to Automotive News, the Mk. VI GTI will sprint to 60 in a tick above seven seconds and hit a top speed of around 150 mph.

A performance-oriented diesel Golf, dubbed the GTD, will hit the market in April, putting out around 170 hp from its common-rail diesel, while a range-topping R model, available through Volkswagen Individual, will be churn out 270 hp, send power to all four wheels and will be equipped with an aero package that includes a "black gleaming diffuser." Sales of the R version will begin in November of 2009.

400px-Logo-autoblog-com.gif

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
they are until they get turboed and do 200+ mph, and almost tens in the quarter

wow! if you modify a car with forced induction, it can be made faster? no fuckin way! i dont think you realize the cost of modifying a VW... to add turbod would be a nightmare and then the tuning and drivibility would never be perfect.... and even then you are driving a fuckin golf... ill stick to my proper sports cars, thank you

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
i dont really know what class to put the R32 in. to me the relatively smaller size (compared to other "luxury" cars) and its 240hp awd setup puts it in more of a performance class. dont get me wrong, i really like the R32's and would drive one in a heart beat but i think they are overpriced from the factory and even more over priced used.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
i dont really know what class to put the R32 in. to me the relatively smaller size (compared to other "luxury" cars) and its 240hp awd setup puts it in more of a performance class. dont get me wrong, i really like the R32's and would drive one in a heart beat but i think they are overpriced from the factory and even more over priced used.

Oh i agree, but if its a certified used car and at a good price i'd snatch it up instead of a new car. Seeing on ebay that they are not at a good price i'll wait a couple years.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info