Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl: what an ugly overpriced piece of shit

When the Panamera arrives next year, it will come bearing two weighty things: a 4.8-liter 520-hp twin turbo V8, and a $197,000 price tag. Beneath that model -- and price -- will be the normally aspirated V8. And to even get into the Panamera party, you'll need $127,000, which will get you a measly 3.6-liter V6, but that doesn't arrive until 2010.

That turbo motor, run through a seven-speed PDK gearbox, will get up to 186 MPH. However, if you want your power a little more electric, then you'll have to hold off for the 300-hp hybrid model coming in 2011. It will pair the V6 with a 100-hp electric motor. And if all of that isn't enough, Porsche is waiting to see how many folks might request the V10 from the Carrera GT, or Audi's monstrous V12 TDI. Of course, you can expect that kind of power to be a load more Geld.

panamera.pr.kgp.ed.jpg

400px-Logo-autoblog-com.gif

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
While I agree this doesn't stay true to porsche's roots (nor does the cayenne) there have been front engine rear drive cars that were very popular , a la 924,928,944,968..

The cayenne is a marvel in itself and can be had for good price for the performance, the build quality, the name.. but this? Come on, much too expensive. If it were the price of 70-90K, I believe more would look towards it.. Just looks like they took a boxster/cayman, put the motor up front, redid the rear floor, added doors in the back, stretched the roof and called it a day. . . and if that's the case, that's retarded.

At least they didn't go the same route with the Cayenne, they started with a fresh canvas with that.

I love the general shape and look of the FRONT HALF what we've seen thus far with the panamera, but I would never take a second glance due to the price. I like the concept but there's several flaws, and I believe this will be a total flop in porsche's marque.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info